Ghost Recon.net Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. We know there is no friendly AI in Breakpoint, this is fact announced by Ubi.
  3. Do we at this point know for sure what the AI is going to look like in Breakpoint or is this all speculation?
  4. Yesterday
  5. Coming 25 July https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021790/Arma_3_Contact/
  6. Last week
  7. Rocky

New GRID coming!

Just saw this today, GRID was awesome so looking forward to this ... https://store.steampowered.com/app/703860/GRID/
  8. The problem with Ubisoft is that they created Far Cry 5 and gave that game a significantly better squad control mechanic than GR:Wildlands, which made absolutely no sense. They borrow so much ###### from The Division for Breakpoint, but they didn't even think to bring over the squad control in Far Cry 5. I don't really mind them making it a solo survival game when playing PvE, but GR is team based. That is what makes the game unique, but Breakpoint looks like a male version of Tomb Raider with COOP. Why didn't they have proper squad control in Wildlands and then enhance it for Breakpoint? The game requires an internet connection to even play and I'm trying to figure where in the world did they get the idea that GR is best known for it's MP? Seriously, how can any dev of GR game not know that it is mostly a PvE game. The game is not worth buying until a deep discount because it focused on COOP and PvP. I hope people resist if there aren't any changes to the PvE side of things.
  9. MrMojok69

Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

Is there a list anywhere, of what other SP campaigns are compatible with this? I have been picking campaigns at random and prioritizing HU above the campaign I picked. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I love the weapons and everything in HU, and especially I love that the bad guys can't shoot you through the left eye socket with a pistol at 100 meters, at night in the rain. I'd just like to be able to use HU in conjunction with other community-created campaigns, if that makes sense.
  10. Jack Wachter

CENTCOM: Violence of Action

Version 1.0.13b is released. Check OP for download link. Main things are new skins and simplified MP setup.
  11. JulietHotel13

Those look pretty solid. Pretty content now hahah
  12. Jack Wachter

I don't know about doing a whole faction of them, but I've done some personal skins for JustinRed87 (who is former Marine) that are based on that. Below are some screenshots, though I may have made some modifications since I took them.
  13. JulietHotel13

Ah gotcha~ Thanks for the reply really enjoying the mod. Have you ever considered doing like a Marine Raider/MARSOC model? lol have to ask as a former Marine haha
  14. Zeealex

The Gear Museum

one of the several first gens, yeah
  15. nyleken

No friendly AI

I'm still blaming the people who desperately wanted the option to turn the AI off in Wildlands. Ubisoft should've stuck to their guns and never acquiesced. They probably figured that since "most" people hated the AI squad in Wildlands, the playerbase would be fine without having any in Breakpoint. As a bit of a silver lining I hear that the narrative reason for the coop Ghosts being present is that another group of operators came in to reinforce Nomad. If so, that means Ubisoft at least left the possibility of an AI squad being implemented later while still fitting the game's overall narrative. Maybe during the single player campaign you get the AI team back after the prologue, I dunno.
  16. Earlier
  17. 5timechamp

No friendly AI

The reason the “cloaking” in FS didnt bother me that much is because it felt like a design choice which helped “justify” why the AI squadmates didnt get detected and why the player could get so near as well... the “detection” range in Wildlands was near the same as Future Soldier without the narrative justification. the tumbling down hills, injuries, and bivouac would only add to the experience if the enemy AI feels properly aggressive... can the game create the necessary pressure where the gamer resorts to taking the tumble? Id love to see that.... anything less and having to slow carry someone is just a gameplay nuisance... same goes if every function (healing, climbing, scavenging) is reduced to watching a dial like in red dead 2
  18. Rocky

That looks freaking amazing.
  19. I just hit 77% complete - getting close now!
  20. Nahhh, not a "fan boy." Uneducatated normie who has waaaaaaaaaay too many Real Life demands to track down and follow every little thing a developer does/doesn't do. I only have time to see the whole package. No time to dissect whether or not the blades of grass were done by the developer, or hired out from an online community. So if what you're saying is accurate, then I stand corrected in my assessment of what he's done/hasn't done on "his own.
  21. Jack Wachter

Current design of the main operators, let me know what you think and if I should make any changes. Ball caps worn under the helmets and PVS-14s mounted on the helmet.
  22. nyleken

The Gear Museum

Good find on that Crye CAGE chassis! Seems to be the first gen version, no?
  23. Whenever I Google 'El Tio Challenge GRW' I always end up with the same 'Guide' by some Trolling bumhole name 'Rocky.' The Locations are off and the guide is vague AF. So instead of me always having to figure it out myself and wanting to CQC Rocky in real life... I decided to make a Simple and EASY Guide to the El Tio Challenge. First you need to find the 3 Graves. Use a small Heli to save you lots of time. You find these grave is the Ancient Cemetery of Miners (Image 1) Once you have found them, 'Read' Newspaper on Graves by interacting with them (press 'E'). They are the Graves with Lit Candles (Image 3) burning on them and vultures flying above them. Thermal Vision Can assist with this. Here are the locations: -19.6640 / 64.0318 (Image 2) -19.6248 / 64.1314 (Image 4) -19.7358 / 64.1272 (Image 5) 1 2 3 4 5 Secondly you will need to locate the 3 El Tio Statues In caves. There are 2 entrances to each cave marked with a black or a white cross on top. I have given you the exact locations of the easiest entrance into the cave. Once in the cave you will hear some creeping sound effects. Follow the rebel bodies and they will lead you to the statue, or just follow my direction below. Around the statues are a few guards with their faces painted red. Once you kill them take a close look at the statues, you have in fact completed this part of the challenge (Image 8, 9, 12 & 15). There is no in-game cue to let you know. Here are the locations: Old Silver Mine -19.7358 / 64.1272 (Image 6) Entrance -19.4524 / 63.8960 (Image 7) Just Go in, only one path through this cave. 6 7 8 9 Outpost -19.7184 / 63.7073 (Image 10) Entrance -19.7671 / 63.6611 (Image 11) Blow up the barrel and the entrance will be accessible. When you reach the room with the generator, follow through the tunnel beside generator (it is the only path available). Then take your First Right beside the Turret. Then your Second Right, there will be a dead rebel on the ground showing you the way. 10 11 12 Pilca Mine -19.0000 / 62.7447 (Image 13) Entrance -19.1458 / 62.6684 (Image 14) Take the First Right. 13 14 15 Lastly you need to kill the El Tio Cult Leader. Often in specific ways for challenge. He is found at the 'Pucara' Inca Fortress Ruins. He is the one wearing the El Tio Mask (Image 16). It's just east of the Pilca Mine and is literally just labelled 'Pucara.' -19.0575 / 62.5361 16
  24. nyleken

No friendly AI

Agreed. I think Future Soldier was the most Ghost Recon game we've ever got since you could go invisible, like a ghost, and do some form of reconnaissance. 😋 On a more serious note, features like the bivouac, the serious injuries, and buddy carry are things that would complement a squad AI extremely well. I'm still of the opinion that their reasoning behind removing them is complete BS.
  25. Jack Wachter

Those skins haven't been added yet. The next update will include new SP skins and a winter optimization addon that will change the SP guys to winter versions and do a few other things
  26. Fan boy much? I bought the game because I like supporting indy Devs, but it's really got a lot more work to put in. And I'm not sure how much Helios is developing, or what areas in particular, but a lot of the assets, figures, skins, etc etc are created by others and available for purchase or as free samples. Don't get me wrong, he's talented and did some brilliant work in Arma 3, but all that stuff you're seeing is prefabricated. He's just working on some smaller elements of it.
  27. JulietHotel13

I have a question. How do I change skins for my team in single player like the ones you have in the pictures?
  28. Lightspeed

No friendly AI

It just shouldn't be called GR, I think that's the key point.
  1. Load more activity