#61 harntrox

harntrox

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

you would have to have played guitar for like 20 years to know the true power of the original DynaComp ... the new version has crappy electronics compared to the vintage 70's version :D
=FC=Harntrox

#62 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:23 AM

ROFL! The old Tube Screamer is still the king of footpedals!
"America is becoming more juvenile as a nation. The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits."
-- Clint Eastwood

#63 XavierOnasis

XavierOnasis

Pointman - 2nd Class

• Contest Winner!
  • 867 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:32 AM

Marshall + Paul = :wub:

Pedal.. who?

#64 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:35 AM

Marshall + Paul = :wub:

Pedal.. who?

Man, you've got to have that Tube Screamer in front of your Marshall, if you want it to really sing!
"America is becoming more juvenile as a nation. The guys who won World War II and that whole generation have disappeared, and now we have a bunch of teenage twits."
-- Clint Eastwood

#65 San

San

Ghost - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:49 PM

Now I'm confused again :lol:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." - Cicero

#66 Matt03

Matt03

Pointman - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 04:29 PM

That picture has nothing to do with the mod. I hope you already figured that one out. Anyway.

#67 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:59 PM

That picture has nothing to do with the mod. I hope you already figured that one out. Anyway.

You'd have to be a guitar player (or just someone who worked in the music industry for years) to truly appreciate the humor in Harn's post.
-- Clint Eastwood

#68 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:57 PM

After a long period of silence, I''ve finally been able to get my head out of Max (and out of my studies) long enough to post an update. :) First, the eye candy. Over the past few weeks, I've given my weapon models/textures a complete overhaul. My goal with this current set of weapons is to produce the best models/textures ever seen in GR, with the possible exception of Earl's work (since Earl is the king). Anyway, here's the M4 Carbine (click thumbnail for larger image)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the M16A2:

Posted Image

And the M4 SOPMOD:

Posted Image

-----------------------------

Also in today's update, a bit more information about the mod project for you. :) We've been keeping alot of the details of the mod under wraps for about six months now, and I think we're at a point where we can start to reveal some more information about the mod.

DYNACOMP takes place in... well... over a period of years. The back story of the mod begins in 2003, with the actual combat phase of the mod beginning in 2010, and continuing through 2013. Rather than build a campaign, and then come up with a back story to help support our campaign, we've done the opposite with DYNACOMP. I wrote a lengthy story and history of a series of events, and then we fashioned a number of missions from that story. As such, it will be important to follow along with us, so that you don't get lost in what's going on.

The center piece of DYNACOMP is our non-linear campaign. That's right, a non-linear campaign. The choices you make in each mission directly affect the order of the missions for you. In certain instances, your choices may exclude entire missions for you; you'll skip over them and not even know that such a mission existed. Depending on how well you perform in each mission, you may or may not be offered the opportunity to go to advanced schools, such as Ranger School, SFAS, etc. Cheating your way through the missions is not an option; you'll have to do things our way, if you want to get to the good stuff (and we all know that you do) :)

We've also completely overhauled the operative/kit selection process. Without revealing any proprietary details just yet, let me tell you that you will no longer have to wade through hundreds of kits to find what you want. Instead, you will be able to choose from a pool of weapons and equipment, and create your own kits, which will be built on the fly for you. :)

----------

Now, for what is, arguably, the most important part of this post. You've all read us make statements such as "You have to think outside the box." And now it's time for you to find out what we mean by that. DYNACOMP will not be based solely on the GR engine. Some of the missions will actually require you to do things outside Ghost Recon. You may be required to take an intel photo (screenshot) of a something in-game, and then go to our site (which will be up in the coming weeks) to find out additional information, using the clues you already have, in order to process farther into the missions. You may also have the opportunity to find out bits of information that are very well hidden, which, though they may not seem to help you right at the moment, will certainly further the game for you in the long run.

----------

You may be sitting there thinking, "Why are they revealing all this now? Is the mod ready for release?" The answer is, no, the mod is not ready for release. But, I've discussed the issue with several leading members of the GR community, and we've all agreed that the best thing to do, would be to get the entire GR community together for this mod. DYNACOMP is, in essence, one big game, played both inside the GR engine, and outside the GR engine. It will be more fun for all of us, if we all play together. :) Get ready for a ride, ladies and gents. :)

EDIT

The DYNACOMP team is looking for any number of mappers to help us complete the mod. If you're experienced, talented, committed, and available, then PM me here at the forums, or e-mail me.

Edited by Parabellum, 11 February 2004 - 08:33 PM.

-- Clint Eastwood

#69 Suicide Commando

Suicide Commando

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:07 PM

Sounds really innovative. Thanks for finally giving us additional info. :D

And the weapons look great. I really like the plain, extended stock M4.
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum. -Flavius Vegetius Renatus-

#70 NYR_32

NYR_32

• GR.net Supporter
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:13 PM

Wow that sounds awesome!

bluestitch.jpg

#71 Whisper_44

Whisper_44

• Consultant
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:01 PM

Top Shelf textures there Boss :thumbsup: those are your best ever
Posted Image

There are some things my Tribe is not good at at all. My Tribe doesn't make excuses. My Tribe will analyze failure and assign blame, but that is to make sure that we do better next time, and we never, ever waste valuable energy and time doing so while people are still in danger. My Tribe says, and in their heart completely believes that it's the other guy that's the hero. My Tribe does not believe that a single Man can cause, prevent or steer Hurricanes, and my Tribe does not and has never made someone else responsible for their own safety, and that of their loved ones. - Bill Whittle

#72 Parabellum

Parabellum

I am not a cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:13 PM

Top Shelf textures there Boss :thumbsup: those are your best ever

Thanks. :) I'll be sending them to you for the camo treatment as soon as they're finalized. :)
-- Clint Eastwood

#73 ARDelta

ARDelta

Pointman - 2nd Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 903 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:50 PM

Innovative, intruiging, intersting... potentially engrossing!!
Posted Image

#74 fr1j0l3

fr1j0l3

Scout - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:57 PM

Yummy:)

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#75 Cpl Ledanek

Cpl Ledanek

Ghost - 1st Class

• GR.net Supporter
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:38 PM

Whatever it is, it going to take A LOT OF TIME D/L it on 56k, such as myself.
So.

Who do we send in blank DVD-Rs? Yes, DVD-Rs, coz it seems like DYNACOMP will take more than couple CD-Rs. Am I right?

So if you ppl with broadband who could help the little ppl, we would greatly appreciate it.

I'd give you my left nut, but I need it for the weekends :blink:
:rofl:

Thanks Para for the update.
Win7Pro 32-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro v1.1 BIOS v.16beta09/ Intel C2D E8400 Batch Q748A223 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 1.80V ver4.1/ CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ ZALMAN ZM-F3RL 120mm Red LED/120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED/ Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ MSI R7870/ Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW-HC...new FPS: Groundbranch.com/Ace's 40mm fan solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users