Aefulludigy cards

stormcrow

Damn.........I hate the keyboard on greyfoxes laptop......hence the miss-spelling on the post title..........my own machine is still out of use...........

Anyway, this is Just a note to all my mates here at gr.net, if you are thinking of installing an audigy card with XP or widows ME be carefull.

My machine is still down and is having disk errors and all kinds of nasty ######,............... .

Creative have a lot to answer for, my hard drive has been formatted due to their unstable drivers and harware.

Storm............signing out till my machine is fixed. :wall::wall::wall:

Edited by stormcrow

Rgr that Stinger............will check that card out.my GF4Ti4600 works ok and I have creative surround 5.1. speakers.........but that sound card..............man...............I aint played GR in like a week............ :(:(:(:(

My machine is really fragged.and thats after several reboots, formats.and reinstalling XP with my old soundblaster live................I may have a mother board problem or disk surface error...............

But Ill be back............... :o= .the crow will return.

Edited by stormcrow

Damn.........I hate the keyboard on greyfoxes laptop......hence the miss-spelling on the post title..........my own machine is still out of use...........

Anyway, this is Just a note to all my mates here at gr.net, if you are thinking of installing an audigy card with XP or widows ME be carefull.

My machine is still down and is having disk errors and all kinds of nasty ######,............... .

Creative have a lot to answer for, my hard drive has been formatted due to their unstable drivers and harware.

Storm............signing out till my machine is fixed. :wall::wall::wall:

that sucks you are having that many problems. hope you can get it sorted out soon and back to GR.

i have Xp Home and installed a sound audigy gamer 5.1 last year and downloaded new drivers for it last month. i have had no problems with it other then a weird echo effect while on TS or listening to music occasionally but it cleared up with the new drivers.

I also had issues when i switched from an sb live to a full audigy ,i installed the driver disk and when i tried to use creative player or change the eax setting my comp crashed and would only boot up in safe mode.

i deleted all drivers and went to the creative website and dl the latest device driver only and it solved my prob.

BTW audigy 2 is realy an audigy with decent drivers there is a way of running the audigy 2 drivers to solve this issue i will post a link to this site

i cant find the link now but my fix was to boot in safe mode or whatever mode you can delete all drivers and software that came with the disk and only install the newest drivers of the website and use media player 9, i had found a toppic on another forum on this and it had over 50 replies creative screwed up the drivers for the audigy thats why they went ahead and got the audigy 2 ready you can use the audigy 2 drivers but you have to run a seperate exe to fool the drivers into thinking its an audigy 2, personaly not worth the greif ,

BTW this audio card caused my first blue screen of death with xp and i was surprised ive always ran sb cards and trusted the drivers but this POS caused me no end of troubles