Benchmarking configuration

Meth

I found myself getting higher 3d mark scores when I turned off vsync, turned off AA, and turned off Anisotropic filter (in the display options, not 3dmark). Is that how most R9700 users run it to get those ridiculously high scores? :lol:

Edited by Meth

Standard testing is done at these settings:

Resolution: 1024x768 32bit

Texture Format: Compressed

FSAA: Disabled

Z-Buffer Depth: 24bit

Frame Buffer: Double

Rendering Pipeline: D3D Pure Hardware T&L

I guess all other settings are up for debate. But even decreasing all my settings, all the performance increase I get is 200 or so 3dmarks.

Hotdog, you should be able to achieve 10k 3dmarks with a ti4200 at least.

You can turn off AA and such during the actual test, but what about your actual video card settings(display properties)?

When I turned AA via display properties, left anisotropic filter on w/vsync off = 5000 or so marks

When I turned off AA via display properties, left anisotropic filter off w/vsync off = 10000 marks

For both tests I turned AA off for the test (not necessarily my card) on 3d Mark just like rook said.

So my question is does anyone mess with their display properties before the test?

Lol if that did not make sense plz reply.

Hotdog, you should be able to achieve 10k 3dmarks with a ti4200 at least.
i have run the same test as you guys with the same settings you have listed and i am getting half of what you guys are posting. i have checked my settings for my vid card to see if i am running the settings to high but i don't think that is the case. not sure why my score is so low. :huh:

Thats weird bud, i have tweaked my vid card once and just managed to get 10 grand mark , but the way it usualy seems to go is i get high 9s after a format everything fresh but after a month is settles low to mid 9s.

i used to get hung up on benchmarking i was running an old k6 500 with a geforce 256 512 pc133 ram and a 10 gig hd amd managed to go from 1800 to 3600 on mad onion 2000 . at the end of the day if it plays your games well then dont worry about it, according to most tech sites ive seen my MSI gf4 ti 4200 is among the slowest 4200s out there but ive always bought MSI cards and i trust them, it might not bench over 10 grand but it plays every game i want well

System Configuration

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

DirectX Version 9.0

Mobo Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Mobo Model GA-7VAX

AGP Rates (Current/Available) 4x / 1x 2x 4x

CPU AMD Athlon XP/MP/4 1541 MHz

FSB 133 MHz

Memory 512 MB

Graphics Chipset NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200

Driver Name NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200

Driver Version 6.13.10.2942

Video Memory 64 MB

Program Version 3DMark2001 SE

Resolution 640x480 16bit

Texture Format Compressed

FSAA Disabled

Z-Buffer Depth 16bit

Frame Buffer Double

Rendering Pipeline D3D Pure Hardware T&L

Test Results

3DMark Score 11145 3D marks

Game 1 Car Chase - Low Detail 156.4 FPS

Game 1 Car Chase - High Detail 48.7 FPS

Game 2 Dragothic - Low Detail 222.3 FPS

Game 2 Dragothic - High Detail 115.5 FPS

Game 3 Lobby - Low Detail 132.9 FPS

Game 3 Lobby - High Detail 58.7 FPS

Game 4 Nature 78.7 FPS

Fill Rate (Single-Texturing) 988.9 MTexels/s

Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing) 1962.1 MTexels/s

High Polygon Count (1 light) 45.4 MTriangels/s

High Polygon Count (8 lights) 10.7 MTriangels/s

Environment Bump Mapping 233.8 FPS

DOT3 Bump Mapping 325.4 FPS

Vertex Shader 97.5 FPS

Pixel Shader 204.8 FPS

Advanced Pixel Shader 117.4 FPS

Point Sprite 47.5 MSprites/s

i tried to run it the same as you guys tho i only changed the madonion testing not my desktop and properties and tho it did go up a tad it certainly didnt double the mark

I was just interested in the individual; results compared to mine , also if you think your pc isnt behaving the way it should be then try www.pcpitstop.com and run their full system scan its free and very helpfull with lots of auto fixes and complete broken down info on your pc

thanks for that pcstop link. cleaned up a few problems on my c:drive and got a final score of 693 there. but i redid the benchmark test and nothing has changed. i even reinstalled dx9 again to see if that would help but no difference.

So on ALL low settings as low as possible you get 5423? Or is that standard settings for the Mark test?

thats for the standard test. actually i haven't tried any low settings yet so i will give that a shot next time. but it seems not matter what settings i use from default to high my score doesn't really change.

Edited by XRW_Hotdog

@ Hotdog whats your specs again i know you posted them somwhere and we have similar systems , im just interested my pc bench is 1021 after a formatt and then evens out to 935 after ive been running a few weeks .

here are my system specs from the benchmark test:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Processor: Intel Pentium® 4 @ 1.50 GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200

Total Physical Memory: 640 MB

Free Physical Memory: 449.04 MB

Motherboard Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Motherboard Model: D845HV

ok you were saying that you get 1021 after a format but i have had this pc for well over a year and haven't reformated yet. and i did losee some points do to the fact it still says i have spyware active on my pc. i undid what it told me to but it still says its there. i also ran my spycop program and it comes up clean.

also on the last test i did i got a score of 6688 on the default settings. i uninstalled the 41.09 drivers and went back to the ones that came with my video card. so just changing the drivers gave me over a 1000 point boost.

Try adaware 5.8 from lavasoft its a great little prog, well in the last year ive formatted atleast 5 times , i personaly like a clean slate every now and then

I agree Rook i like sisoft but some of those burn intests can be pretty brutal it is a good way to gather info and get some ideas tho

Edited by snakebite1967