New Gaming Console!?!?!

FIRE_WIRE

Umm...Has anyone seen this yet? :o

A new console emerging? I wonder how this could compare to the rest? And once its on the market could this spell disaster for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft?? It doest seem like theres any room for one more console!! Especially at my little ol' Gamestop!! :P

Anyway heres the link, check it out for yourselves....

NEW CONSOLE!!!

You want to bet money this ends up being "vaporware"? And it sounds like you have to play games "pay per view" ? That would suck. I can't afford that. What if they charge by the minute.

But the idea itself of not having to buy games but play em all online is at least interesting.

And what do they mean by "massive multiplayer" ? Would that mean online games with greater than 32 or 64 players?

Time will tell. Whoever would have thought microsoft would have come out with a console. You never know what will happen in the future. But even though its abilities are intriguing, I suspect that this console will become vaporware like the bandai console and others.

More realistically I think the features its advertising will end up in other consoles.

I won't buy one. Last thing I bought was Xbox, and mainly cause I wanted a portable PC substitute. PC games are and always will be superior to any console. Especially when they are tuned for high-end rigs with options to de-tune for lower system specs. Not to mention the options a PC can have as far as controllers etc.

Killer-Poptart, your sig disturbs me :P

also forgot to add... the fact that they are saying this console is to be released this december and they don't even have screens shots of a real prototype doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence. they should already have working consoles for beta testing already. :huh:<_<

LOL @ Sart, ya Shenmue was killer back then, now I have the 2nd for X-box...If this new producer is really serious about overtaking the console genre, they would at least have showcased some type of beta to the gaming world by now...This is the first time I've heard of it and am not very impressed. PC will always reign supreme.

also forgot to add... the fact that they are saying this console is to be released this december and they don't even have screens shots of a real prototype doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence. they should already have working consoles for beta testing already. :huh:<_<

The reason they dont have any screens yet is because they have not unvailed the system yet.. They say they are supposed to have its unvailing in March sometime. To me the console doesnt seem like a "console" at all but more like an entertainment center, sort of like an at home arcade Where all you have to do is choose a game, pay a fee and your off.... :P Sounds interesting but i dont know if this will win peoples hearts over the 3 main consoles out there ;)

also forgot to add...  the fact that they are saying this console is to be released this december and they don't even have screens shots of a real prototype doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence.  they should already have working consoles for beta testing already.   :huh:  <_<

The reason they dont have any screens yet is because they have not unvailed the system yet.. They say they are supposed to have its unvailing in March sometime. To me the console doesnt seem like a "console" at all but more like an entertainment center, sort of like an at home arcade Where all you have to do is choose a game, pay a fee and your off.... :P Sounds interesting but i dont know if this will win peoples hearts over the 3 main consoles out there ;)

ahhhh ok i see. and yes it will be interesting to see how it fairs against the big 3. even Sega :rolleyes: bowed out of the console market and Sega was major player for years. now with the main 3 left i am not sure if there really is room for one more. not to mention the idea of pay per play doesn't even appeal to pc gamers so how will it do with the average gamer?