Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Lothario

Ballistics!

I've made extensive use of Parabellum's GR ballistics tables in my mod, to excellent effect. There are several rounds I'm using that he did not calculate data for, and due to my inability to find the relevant ballistics info to do the calculations myself, I've had to simply approximate those rounds by altering the Parabellum's numbers for similar rounds, which is a lackluster solution at best.

The cartridge I'm interested in are: .50 AE, 5.56 x 45mm subsonic and 7.62 x 51mm subsonic. Thanks for any help. : )

Here are some of the ballistics for the .50 AE...

Bullet Weight - 326 gr.

Muzzle Velocity - 1400 fps

Muzzle Energy - 1414 ft-lbs.

:o=

I've made extensive use of Parabellum's GR ballistics tables in my mod, to excellent effect. There are several rounds I'm using that he did not calculate data for, and due to my inability to find the relevant ballistics info to do the calculations myself, I've had to simply approximate those rounds by altering the Parabellum's numbers for similar rounds, which is a lackluster solution at best.

The cartridge I'm interested in are: .50 AE, 5.56 x 45mm subsonic and 7.62 x 51mm subsonic. Thanks for any help. : )

The 5.56mm subsonic round is useless, IMHO. That's why I didn't calculate it. But it should be about as effective as maybe a 9mm round. A sub-sonic 7.62mm round has roughly the same kinetic energy in real-life as a 40 S&W round, so use those numbers for the 7.62mm round.