What are you reading?

XavierOnasis

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Blind Man's Bluff. Starting The Black Ice by Michael Connelly later tonight.

XS - Huge respect to you and your compatriots. Some of that stuff was crazy.

IFM - day-glo, kool-aid, whatever. :D Have yet to see the movie... Try to read the book version of any movie I see before seeing the movie. Forewarned is forearmed :D

Good Topic.

Bought a 2ndhand paperback on my vacation through Turkey, 2 months ago. But im reading it now:

The Killing Zone, by Frederick Downs.

Oldie aubout Platoon Delta One-Six in Nam.

Just finished The Little Friend by Donna Tartt, kind of a big big rip off.

@XO - thanks for the kind words...things were crazy back in the day...much more mild now...believe it or not...the boat on the cover of the book was my first boat...in fact two of the crew members in the bridge...I served with...

As far as the Enders Game Movie...I'm not pulling any legs...though I havent heard about it in awhile...heres a link...

Enders Game: The Movie

Rod Machado's Private Pilot Handbook Fun book. Rod Machado is great!

and

Rod Machado's Instrument Pilot's Survival Manual Another great book! (Just reading it for my information. I can't get IFR rated until I have at least 90 hours ... and I have only 6 so far. A long way to go).

plus of course

FAA AIM Manual 2003 this is kinda necessary... it's the law book of flight. Not for the faint of heart either. It's a dry, impersonal collection of rules and regulations and you gotta memorize a bunch of them to pass the written test.

:rolleyes: Yes... obsessed. I know.

That is a quality series. Ive read Enders Game a few times. (Once for school.) Speaker of the Dead isnt very good, IMO.

I read that book, but it was a long time ago. I must have been 12 yrs old or something. Speaker of the Dead? Was that the second one? If so, I agree it wasn't that good.

Since it was such a long time ago, let me see if I remeber the story? In Enders Game the kid(Ender) thought he was training/playing a game, while actually putting foot to ummm...butt for earth against an alien force nowhere close to earth?

Ender is part of an elite group of children being trained by the military to be commanders and generals (think up all the strategies and tactics) in order to fight the buggers (alien bad guys). The story goes through his training and friendships. The enemies and relationships with his brother and sister. And of course the finale that I sure didn't see coming. :) Great book.

believe it or not...the boat on the cover of the book was my first boat...in fact two of the crew members in the bridge...I served with...

:blink:

From about anyone else, I would say "Bull." That's wild.

Bout done with Black Ice. Tomorrow brings another trip to the book store.

Rod Machado's Private Pilot Handbook Fun book. Rod Machado is great!

and

Rod Machado's Instrument Pilot's Survival Manual Another great book! (Just reading it for my information. I can't get IFR rated until I have at least 90 hours ... and I have only 6 so far. A long way to go).

Isnt that the same guy that teaches you how to fly in the FS series? (I get to do all that fun stuff again for FS2004.)

Read...

1. The Hunt for Red October First the begginning of the Jack Ryan Series

2. The Clear and Present Danger The second in that series

3. then any of the Jack Ryan series starting with Without Remorse then Executive Orders

After you have read the Jack Ryan series I suggest Red Storn Rising in my opinion his best book

And of course after you get that done read everybook ever wrote by JRR TOLKIEN