Download Section

Rocky

As you guys know, the download section is currently offline. The reason for this is that it is no longer compatible with the latest version of the language that is runs on (PHP).

To make it compatible requires a re-write by a PHP programmer who can replace outdated code with new compliant code.

This is still a very popular area of GhostRecon.net with '000s of visitors every month.

My intention is to crowdfund for the cost of hiring a PHP programmer to update this code. This will be publicised on the download section shortly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rocky said:

As you guys know, the download section is currently offline. The reason for this is that it is no longer compatible with the latest version of the language that is runs on (PHP).

To make it compatible requires a re-write by a PHP programmer who can replace outdated code with new compliant code.

This is still a very popular area of GhostRecon.net with '000s of visitors every month.

My intention is to crowdfund for the cost of hiring a PHP programmer to update this code. This will be publicised on the download section shortly.

are we not going with my asp.NET alternative? I'm guessing turning the entire site from php to ASP.NET would be an absolute pain...

Edited by Zeealex

yeah, cause we'd essentially be lifting and shifting the entire file structure, 🤔 we could set up redirects as discussed in PM, I had a column in the MSSQL database that would allow you to query the old file ID and allow the old links to still work to some degree, but setting up those reditrects would be a considerable amount of effort.

Are you at least moving away from the old DBMS?

Edited by Zeealex

As always, regardless of what you go with if you need some eyes on what the programmer gives you from a security perspective, you know where to find me. it's been a little while since I've red-teamed but I should know enough to get by and I've done enough code review to get a good idea of whether or not its secure.

Edited by Zeealex
  • Like 1