Insertion zone in coop

ajitesh

May be silly question . I want to change the insertion zone in the coop(LAN) . I want a particular point to be insertion zone .Btw for Firefight200(HX5 gametypes) . Any help would be appreciated

Edited by ajitesh

I believe Harntrox implemented random insertion zones for his HX5 game types, although I’m not sure, especially for firefight.

In vanilla firefight, the insertion zone is usually one of the four team bases defined in a map’s MIS file, marked as “SP / CO-OP BASE” in Igor.

With a mod you can then easily change which base to use, either in Igor or with a text editor, by changing this zone attribute.

Open a vanilla mission file (*.mis) in Igor and look at the zones tab. You’ll find the team bases and their properties.

Play around with the Igor game editor a bit. You’ll learn a lot from just looking around in original missions.

First I got confused of team bases word(as it is not there). What I did it I edited map recon insertion zones at  a point and marked as SP/COOP base. Seems working now and How to know safe zones in a map (for insertion)?

Edited by ajitesh
  • Like 1

My bad, the four team bases are “Base 0” to “Base 3”.

With “safe zone” you mean places without enemies nearby? For vanilla game types, enemy actors are spawned at “Point 0” to “Point 35” in Firefight, Recon etc., for Defend they are spawned in points or zones tagged with “Assault Platoon (0-3)”.

A good map setup should have little to no enemy spawn locations near SP/COOP Base and Recon Insertion, a very good map setup has all points and zones a fair distance from each other, or at least out of line of sight.

Proper balance in placement of map points and zones is a cornerstone of how well a map plays in game types, especially for adversarial multiplayer.

But I digress... 🙂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ajitesh said:

Btw for Firefight200(HX5 gametypes) . Any help would be appreciated 

Try the attached. There was one opposing force actor and a couple of opposing force kits that were called on in the script that are not present in HX5.
(coop) hx_firefight-762.gtf

Installation:
-Delete previous version, (coop) hx_firefight-762.gtf) in HX5/mission folder.
 Place attached (coop) hx_firefight-762.gtf in HX5/mission folder.

Before editing, it crashed for me but worked after edits to the script.

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1
  • Tier 1 Post 1