[Resolved] Software Igor in Ghost Recon

Bonjour à tous,

Joyeux Holliday à tous.

Pour cette nouvelle année, j'ai pu traduire le logiciel Igor avec Resource Hacker. Comme je suis français, je mets les menus et les dialogues en français. Je peux donc profiter pleinement du logiciel sans me soucier de l'anglais.

Juste une question : comment recruter des soldats en obtenant une mission? Je vous remercie. 😉

Edit: Bonjour Wombat, si vous passez par-là, je vous salue! Cela faisait longtemps  🙂 . Merci beaucoup pour votre aide à l'époque. 😊

Igor GR.jpg

Edited by Super_Criquet
Picture

Chris,
C'est un exploit de traduire l'anglais vers le français à Igor. Bravo à toi!

À propos des acteurs du recrutement en GR:
Je pense que c'est possible. Mettez-les en otage et quand vous les bousculerez, ils vous suivront. Je ne pense pas qu'il soit possible de leur donner des waypoints comme des coéquipiers Ghost réguliers. Si vous voulez qu'ils aient une arme, vous devrez en assigner une à Igor. N'importe quel personnage / acteur fonctionnera. Vous pouvez ajuster leurs statistiques dans le fichier .atr pour en faire de meilleurs soldats. Le nombre le plus élevé est 8. Je n'ai jamais pensé ou essayé l'idée de recruter des acteurs en GR donc j'espère que l'idée de les mettre en otage fonctionne.

Je pense qu'il serait préférable de publier en français et en anglais en utilisant Google translate.

Chris,
That is an accomplishment to translate English to French in Igor.  Bravo to you!

About the recruiting actors in GR:
I think it is possible. Put them on hostage behavior and when you bump them they will follow you. I don't think it is possible to give them waypoints like regular Ghost teammates. If want them to have a weapon you will have to assign one in Igor. Any character/actor will work. You can adjust their stats in the .atr file to make them better soldiers. The highest number is 8. I have never thought or tried  the idea to recruit actors in GR so I hope the idea of setting them on hostage behavior works.

Hello Don,

Thank you.

En otage ? C'est déjà une bonne piste. J'ai découvert en effet que ça serait pas en waypoints

Du coup dans Igor, ça serait dans Script/Scénario ?

Comment on reconnaît un otage dans Igor ? Je pourrais peut-être me référencer sur une mission existante comme M11 - Pow Camp par exemple.

Je continue de chercher de mon côté.

Otage : Color yellow donc pas d'arme.

Allié : Color green.

Edit : I search in the mission 04 - The village.

Igor ostage.jpg

Igor script edit.jpg

Edited by Super_Criquet
Picture

Chris, veuillez utiliser Google Translate.

From M04 Village:
Group: <Default>
Comment:
   Init
Trigger Event:
   The simulation is starting.
Responses:
   Set mission end timer to expire in 30 second(s).
   Make all members of UN Troops invincible.
   Make all members of Russian Troops (Village) invincible.

Comment:
   Contact UN Troops Objective (1)
Trigger Event:
   A member of player platoon is within 4 meter(s) of UN Troop 1.
Responses:
   Set UN Troop 2 to hostage behavior.

Increment contact counter.
   Continue executing responses if ((The value of contact counter) is equal to 2).
   Set contact UN objective timer to expire in 1 second(s).
   Increment mission end counter.
   Increment no fail contact counter.

Invincibility for enemy and hostages will have to be taken off at some point.
In the example you may not need or use all the responses.
In Igor Responses look for HostageActorOn or CaptiveActorOn. I am not sure about the difference?
In Igor Actor Properties you can assign the hostage actor a weapon.
Hostage actors will follow you when you bump them or maybe they can be given their own path?
To be friendly the hostage company must be marked Allied in Igor Company Properties.

It will require trial and error as I have never tried it myself.

Sorry Don, I thought the site was translating because here Chrome translates my entire page. 😉

Okay. So it's good in Script> Edit ...?

Thank you so much.

In the mission that I created. I created the Allied Company, then the platoon and then the actors. Indeed, I would not need many answers. I will try with the info you gave me:

HostageActorOn or CaptiveActorOn.

I uploaded the picture. I have platoon of 3 heros. In Script>Edit..., I put the groups. Igor closes automatically. Why ? 😶

I tested : CaptiveActorOn, HostageActorOn, CaptiveTeamOn, HostageTeamOn.

Maybe something is missing...

Group: <defaut>

Comment: Recruit the heros.

Triggler Event : <Startup> The simulation is starting

Responses: I valid the response, et ensuite I close the script, and I am blocked because Igor is closing 🙁

But it may not be much. There is probably a logic. 😉

See you later, Don, and thank you.

Igor platoon team women.jpg

Vérifiez votre ike.log (pas IkeCrash.log) pour les erreurs avant de redémarrer Igor. Je pense qu'Igor écrit également des erreurs dans le ike.log. Peut-être avez-vous besoin d'activer un mod dont vous appelez un acteur? J'utilise FireFox pour mon navigateur, c'est pourquoi il n'a pas été traduit sur GR.net

Check your ike.log(not IkeCrash.log) for errors before you restart Igor. I think Igor writes errors to the ike.log too. Maybe you need to activate a mod that you are calling an actor from?

Hello Don,

I don't see yesterday's date in the Crash file.

Here, I was inspired by mission 01: Iron Dragon. I tested on a blank mission, and the hostages work. I have verified that the papashs_invasion file. It is not read-only.

Look my file please "papashs_invasion". LOL I wanted to play Stars Wars, the attack of the clones. 😂

Is there a "group" limit ? (45 groups in the mission Iron Dragon)

Are the mission properties linked? (picture)

IkeCrash.log

Properties Mission.jpg

papashs_invasion.mis

Edited by Super_Criquet

Si Chrome traduit la page, je la laisserai en anglais.

If I understand the question, to be awarded a hero character a person must complete the mission so they are linked.
In Igor to my knowledge there is not a limit on Groups created in the script.
There is a limit on how many objects can be placed on the map such as actors and vehicles and other things that count as objects.
I'm not sure what those other things are. 😊
The size in kb of the .mis file makes a difference too. If the size is more then 150 kb the mission can be unstable in Igor or the game.
Someone probably knows the limit in kb's better then I do.

The ikeCrash.log is usually of no help. I don't think anyone truly understood one.
But the ike.log is the one that can be of help. If you have a crash in GR or Igor always look at it before restarting the game or Igor.
GR will start a new ike.log after a crash and the game or Igor is restarted.
I checked by opening Igor and it will write to the ike.log. Now it is not always helpful but many times it is.
Sometimes the ike.log will refer to a missing light_halo effect but this is a false reading as that reference is in many ike.logs
Not all errors in the ike.log will make GR crash.

Well done on getting the hostages to work. And I'm still impressed with the translation of English to French in Igor!

Okay.

It may have nothing to do with it.

Because I changed heroes by soldiers. Result: Igor closes. 😶

HostageActorOn : Igor closes

CaptiveActorOn : Igor closes

HostageTeamOn : Igor closes

CaptiveTeamOn : Igor closes

I have reduced the number of actors. But Igor always closes when I want to add a group <default> to put hostages. 

Yes, for Igor in french, I used Ressource Hacker for edit the menus and dialog. I still have the English version on my hard drive. 😊

I think that to be able to put hostages, I have to create a new mission, and then make copy / paste with notepad for all that is actors, plans, etc ... I enjoy it with Igor, and I am very patient to get a result.

Thank you very much for telling me what to do with the hostages.

Script> Edit... >New...>  >Group: <defaut> / Triggler Event: Startup > Comments: Recruit the soldiers (for example) / Reponses: HostageActorOn or HostageTeamOn

For now I have everything good ? 😉

Important : Maybe I should modify a group, right? 👍 Which group among the 45? ... lol good question ^^

papashs_invasion.mis

Just Origmiss 😉. In game, Mp1 and Mp2 desactived.

Locate the mission --> Red S... Ent...>Ghost R...>Mods>Papashvili Invasion>mission>papashs_invasion.

Ah ok, I think I understand.

In the scenario, each group corresponds to a chronology? Exact?

So we would have to find the group to include the hostages.

Except that I would like to recruit them at the start. Which group would be closest to the start? Good question.

I am not an expert scripter so I'm not able to answer most questions about making missions.
Search in the GR Mission Modding forum about Groups.
Do you have the Advanced_Igor_Guide(part2).pdf. ? It probably explains Groups. I think you are right, a Group must be called in the script.
Link for Advanced Igor Guide: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3l7livesfvknzuf/Advanced_Igor_Guide(part2).pdf/file

I kept getting crashes trying to activate hostages with papashs_invasion.mis.

So I took the original M01_Caves and renamed it super_criquet.mis
Doing so allowed making the team of recruits hostages.
I did not add the tanks but I don't think that was the cause of the papashs_invasion.mis crashing.
I think the tanks are a good idea.

Comment:
   Hostage On
Trigger Event:
   A member of player platoon is within 4 meter(s) of Zone Recruit.
Responses:
   Set all members of Team Recruits to hostage behavior.

I tried it and the recruits don't keep a formation like the Ghosts. They run together in a bunch and not sure if they take cover. You will have to see for yourself.

super_criquet.mis

No problem Don, thank you for the guide. part 1 available ?

Hello Jack, Is it also for the hostages ?

Thank you Don for the "super_criquet MIS", for the training of soldiers, I can put a "plan". Do you have to assign a zone? I should have thought about it. lol

Can I deliver the tanks via the notepad?

Recapitulatif :

Comment:
   Hostage On
Trigger Event: ProximityPlatoon
platoon : player platoon (Why ? Not "Platoon Recruits")
Range : lit. number 4 (4 for 4 meters ? Ok. )

Responses:

Important point : Do you have to launch an original mission to Igor to make this type of modification? 😉 I was asking myself. I can always add plans and vehicles afterwards.

Thank you Don, really. and thank Jack 😉

Always on top dear Ghost. 😎

I can put a "plan".
Making plans for team Recruit, such as stance, movement ROE seems to have no effect. I think hostage behavior is set. They will follow whoever bumps them and mimic their stance and speed.

Do you have to assign a zone?
You can test hostage behavior by doing it in the Startup block with no zone. I think it would work but you will have to try it. OK I tried and it does work.
I put this line in the Startup block:

Can I deliver the tanks via the notepad?
Maybe but I think Igor would be a much easier and the quickest way. I think it would be difficult to give them a path and set their speed.
Somethings are easier in Notepad but not in every case.

Recapitulatif :

Comment:
   Hostage On
Trigger Event: ProximityPlatoon
platoon : player platoon (Why ? Not "Platoon Recruits") The player platoon are you and the Ghosts. It might work with recruits activating themselves as hostages but you will have to try it.
Range : lit. number 4 (4 for 4 meters ? Ok. ) Yes it is meters
Responses:

Important point : Do you have to launch an original mission to Igor to make this type of modification?
You can start with only the environment(.env file). Open Igor, from Edit at the top select map. Click on Environment and navigate to the map folder you want to make a mission on and select the .env file. When you press OK at the bottom of the window the map will open in Igor. The script will be empty when you select Script>Edit. You will have to script the player platoon for a start.

Basic Igor Guide(part 1)

IgorScripting.txt

Edited by wombat50

Alright I understand. It's simpler like that. Thank you for part 1 of the guide. You are right, it is faster with Igor for the plans and paths. IgorScripting it's guide ? I just found out ... lol

Now, I would like to assign a silent weapon to my recruits. What is the folder for Susan Grey kit for example ?

Edit :

I have an idea. As I was inspired by Heroes Unleashed, I was able to import the actors of this mod. So I could assign silent weapons to my recruits. So I need the Actor file, right? Next? Equip, kits and model? 😉

Edited by Super_Criquet

The .txt file is something I copied years ago from the gr.net forums. I don't remember who wrote it. Importing a weapon into your mod has many steps. I suggest making a small mod for testing and when you get it working you can add the files to your larger mod.
gun files.txt

This is an example of a test mod importing a weapon and it has a readme file for explanation.

sniper_wood Mod.rar

Ok, I remember it now. 4 years ago, I did it so that my original GR had the soldiers of Heroes Unleashed. 😉

Only, I no longer have the path of the image. I still have these current images. So many memories. 😍

Maybe I could find a trace on the forum. In my subject from 4 years ago. 

Edit : Windows XP ... "lol". Today I have Windows 10 ...

Briefing pda_bgd-01rsb.jpg

Distance d'affichage Mission 7 de Island Thunder (exemple).jpg

Mission rapide shell_bgd-panelrsb.jpg

Modifications distance d'affichage.jpg

Modifications textures.jpg

Soldats et Commandement cmirsb.jpg

Edited by Super_Criquet

Hello Don,

For create hostage, I followed the timeline.

1) Open the originale mission,

2) Create Platoon Allied>Team>Actor

3) Go in Script>Edit... for create hostages.

4) File>Save As...

5) Create the tank and Plan>Wrait>Path>... or copy / paste the plan from the note pad to the new note pad.

Indeed, as soon as I placed the tanks, Igor does not want to take into account a new creation of hostages. Here, the mission is OK.

papashvili_invasion.mis

Edited by Super_Criquet
  • Like 1

Not sure. My guess it is a Marine character found in MP2/character/allied folder.
I can't find a .atr file for them and they don't show in Igor under actors. Maybe they need .atr files made?
edit: Found them they are listed as c03_air_crew_1b.atr and c03_air_crew_1a.atr in Igor

Or it could be a character made solely for the video.

Edited by wombat50