Chapter 1:

• start editor
  • ref to documentation
  • create own mod
  • create new mission
  • adjust weather
  • activate the mod
  • test new mission

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NFB2fE5xWfFmNwXRJThrNLNLTJ8HAOAV/view?usp=sharing

other chapter will follow ...

Edited by die7
  • Like 4
  • Tier 1 Post 1

3 hours ago, Lightspeed said:

Ok but you realise not many people are modding GR now. Maybe newer games you will get/give value. 

Sure I understand your worries , and exact that's one of the reason why I've started, beside of that I do not play newer games and know lot of other ppl which not follow today's games industry :) , and regarding Igor movies can say as long one person is helped I see my duty as done :)

• Like 4

Hi,

chapter 2 is done and covers:

Chapter 2:

• create Company
  • create Platoon
  • Create Team
  • Add Actors to > Team
  • Change Actor, kit, position
  • Create objectives

Mission was created which contains 3 objectives:

1.  Kill Patrols
  2.  Kill BigBoss
  3. Go to Extraction

Create script which:

•        Set flags for Patrol1, Patrol2, Player Platoon, Big Boss
  •        Set Variable for Player Platoon
  •        Check if patrol1 is killed
  •        check if patrol2 is killed
  •        check if BigBoss is killed
  •        Check if Player is near to extraction Zone and continue if Patrol1 and Patrol2 are killed and finish mission

In attachment  you will find mission which was build in the movie and here is the link to movie chapter 2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=180UcU5TXD65QuPhV4Uz5dH_MN64MR4cM

test-mission-01.mis

• Like 1
  • Tier 1 Post 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/12/2019 at 14:17, Giampi said:

If this was done 10 years ago it would have been a blast. Nowadays it is however still very interesting. It would be interesting to put the videos on a Youtube channel or even better set up a course on Udemy.

Thank you Giampi, my wish is to keep this great game alive by creating mods/mission etc. but also to motivate other players for modding. Well, I'm not sure regarding Youtube or Udemy since is my English is definitely not perfect :) , and I do not have to much experience with creating e-learning movies but I try my best to explain, but it could be a thing.

Hope I will get internet next days (moved to new house) so I can deliver chapter 3 and 4 on coming weekend.

Edited by die7
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bonjour 😊

C'est intéressant !
De mon côté j'ai remis mon nez dans Igor pour le mettre en français, et ainsi profiter pleinement du logiciel et de comprendre son fonctionnement.

J'ai réussi à créer/modifier une mission. A présent je cherche à mettre des otages/otages alliés, etc... Plutôt des otages alliés comme des soldats par exemple.

Est-ce que à tout hasard vous savez comment faire ? Ma version de Igor c'est la 1.0. Chez-vous aussi ?

PS : Moi non plus je ne suis pas trop l'industrie des jeux d'aujourd'hui car j'ai pas une carte graphique de compétition "lol" 😂

• Like 1

Hi,

chapter 3 is done and it covers:

Chapter 3:

• Adding static and dynamic (triggered)  plans to enemy's
  • Adding (multiple) zones to the patrols (master trick)
  • Adjusting engine's AI by adopting/adding : Pace, Alertness, Combat ROE, Movement ROE
  • Creating and using defending zone and stations
  • Creating Intro movie (placing and switching to different cameras)
  • Playing music file by trigger
  • Debugging/Fix :)))
  • Consulting Igor editor advanced documentation
  • PC Cheat codes for mod development (airoe, aiinfo, names, superman, range)

In attachment  you will find mission which was build in the movie and here is the link to movie chapter 3 :https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zcWMhWUCVGLYaDeDUkxMngVjcnypjqIv

test-mission-01.mis

• Like 2
  • Tier 1 Post 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here some short Igor editor movie how to get drones (or remote explosions or what ever) in use

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f4ZnstU_ec6VGOYVzNgEzgac9EMhzt60/view

and attached is the script part which shows how was it made in detail

drone_tutorial.txt

and here almost final version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oMw7CW42QZy8QwkidzlzdMj2-jyGDmhj/view

Edited by die7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here some short Igor editor movie how to get  Napalm attack in loop

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15DASoPgURVa2eLSAXzzeHfCB5Tp191EG/view?usp=sharing

improved version with debris..however I recommend to increase random int 2X more as you have effects in my case 5 effects it will be low 1 high 10

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-havB2j8VLL7eNy9SgFYfUmFjFXHin0/view?usp=sharing

Napalm_run.txt

• Like 1

10 hours ago, die7 said:

Here some short Igor editor movie how to get dynamic weather conditions (rain direction change, fog reduced/increased, max spot distance inc/dcr)

today I got question in discord channel how I can incr/dcr fog and max spot distance continuously since the above lab(example) will run just once (it will  move fog far the till does not reach 120m, and it will reduce it again back to 60m) after that it will stop

Now to run that infinitive increasing to 120 and then lowering to 60 then increasing to 120 and so on ...you need to adopt you routine, and you need to reset the values of fog-far (in this case Lightnes and Darknes) .. basically I was even able also to reduce code...so thank you for asking this....

working solution example is attached

dynamic_weather_inifinitive.txt

• Like 2

Here some short Igor editor movie as last part which deals with dynamic weather. In this movie you will see :

Rain change dir

- rain, wind, fog, change directions every 30 sec

Fog changes distance

- fog will be reduced from fog far 60m till up fog far 120m

- Max Spot will be increased from 80 to 140m

and opposite

- fog will be increased from fog far 120m till up fog far 60m

- Max Spot will be reduced from 140 to 80m

Night falls

once the fog is on 60m and max Spot on 80, night falls part will start and it will change color of the fog (get darker all colors - 41) and fog will be increasing from 60 to 21m

short version movie

devel version movie

dynamic_weather_inifinitive_reduce-inc_fog_night_falls.txt

Edited by die7
mistake in the script corrected
  • Like 1