die7

Hi all,

after years and years of playing and studding OGR and all available mods, and scripting work of some great ppl (see bellow) I came to idea to create one by my own,

and here I am  just to give you a info about "The Ghost" which is currently under development.

The Ghost will be a veteran mod which is oriented on the realism in every aspect of the military sim and the war,  and I will try to get best out of the igor.

Your ghost team will fight in mountains, villages and city's of Bosnia and will take warlords down, /rescue civilians etc.

Some of missions are pure fictional, some unfortunately truth.

The ghost has also one additional mission by (re)using great work of other great modders to honour and to thank them for keeping this  great game alive like:

ApexMods
    Zeealex
    Tinker
    Streinger, Black Sabbath & Stealth-Mods team
    Lisac
    Viper-6
    Rocky
    Eisenhauer
    sixpence

Testers are more as welcome :)

I will keep you up to date

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 02/01/2020 at 18:03, Rocky said:

Ah this post came the day after my  birthday so I missed it - sounds intriguing!

If you need any help let me know.

Thank you Rocky, I appreciate  your offer and will come to that a bit later, currently I'm  done with 3th mission of 10, so it will take some time since moved to new house :) but planed beta release is end of march 2020

• Tier 1 Post 1

On 29/12/2019 at 12:07, ApexMods said:

Almost two decades, and good ol' GR still keeps getting more and more shiny new mods. I love it! ☺️

yepp, there is nothing comparable..and thank you for all your effort ApexMods you are one of my modding idols :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Unf. still working hard as one man team on this project and release as announced to the end of march can not happen .. but it makes a great fun...and I will keep you noticed till is not finished. Since my goal is to provide high quality  mod  as small sum of all the best parts in all available mods with improved complex AI and effects, with blockbuster flair I start to realize that my previous  deadline was to ambitious, sorry for that..however:

Current status:

6 of 10 campaign missions done

1 of 5 CQB missions done

3 of 5 gtf done

some dev insights:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WdkbnUUgi2rKdyMbUsEbrMINZoQV666t

https://discordapp.com/channels/253901488231940097/675881753151537162/689933334096248882

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oKu7bwuzw28LUriocdMFPhzSmH7TwNYq

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15s2jb4c_zToS6exbXp0Vg3M0B_S6kO9u

stay strong, stay healthy, stay at home ...and play GR

Edited by die7
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great stuff - it makes such a difference when modders include short videos!

See the bomb disposal, I don't remember seeing that wire cut animation in Ghost Recon - is that custom?

Claymore diasming is nice, stops players running around!

• Like 2

thank you for the feedback..no, unf. my knowledge in 3D max is still to limited..it is asset from Phlooks_Placeable_objects mod the  phlook_c4_1.5.vcl..I did not have see it either but it looks as it is used at least in  Serpentine and Spec Ops Airbourne mod..tbh still need to see/play this mods/missions :))

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Apex, well still working hard between job and work on the house, according to this tempo unf. not before end of september.

Working currently  on the last 2 missions (xxl maps) very complex scripting with a lot of effects, this takes ages to be done..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some update on progress :) and why it takes now almost 10 months..and why is not finished yet (see attached script to understand a complexity, and picture of mission editor)

btw. the one of idea of the mod Ghost is game-play similar to hitman games (diff approaches , various way to play...stealth, as killer)  .

Setting demo charges to create distraction or to kill as much as possible enemies.

anndd this also one of the reason why it takes so long

here is dev ins from mentioned mission and some nice features as...activation of demo charges (self-destruction mech of f18 ) , exploding flying barrels,  etc :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZB5DVIE_Wkx2MCjsv0aKNT9KoGfjUZ-F/view?usp=sharing

Capture.JPG

landing_Mission01.txt

sorrrrryyyy for BAD sound.. at least you can see some of features...I do not have energy to record now this again :)

Edited by die7
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...