Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wombat50

Red Dead Redemption PC Screenshots

I bought this new release for PC the first part of November. Over a 100 GB download. 😮 Enjoying it so far although I have had had allot of CTD and from what I have read this is not uncommon. Followed Rockstar's recommendation and got the latest AMD graphic drivers and good so far. :crossing fingers:
Can be grindie and allot of time spent riding a horse but there are a couple of methods to fast travel. Unexpected trouble at every turn.

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

I bought it this last weekend and can hardly pull myself away for other games.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this, was happy to wait for some bug squashing. I loved RDR, one of my top 5 games ever, so this has been a long wait.

• Like 2

Same way NC. I had allot of troubles with crashes so got the latest AMD drivers and no crashes since. I think they did patch the launcher so it may have been a coincidence. I'm still learning about the UI. So much to do in this game besides the missions.

I didn't notice for awhile but the launcher has a link for troubleshooting under the center picture. I have a AMD card and they had a link for a file to wipe clean old drivers before updating to the newest drivers. That was very helpful to me.

Edit: Maybe 10 hours with no crashes but back to crashing. 😥

canoe.jpg

Ride double.jpg

Train approach.jpg

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

Rockstar is putting out a 3GB patch today. Hope it helps. Played for awhile yesterday  NP. Then came back later and it was real laggy and finally crashed. Restarted and it was fine again for a couple of hours. 🤔
Sadie.jpg

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

Eeek, I just bought it. Dloading now.

Just started opening story, going looking for a guy. No stuttering yet. Although it crashed first time starting game so I did a graphics card update for my Radeon RX580. Must have done the trick.

Edited by Lightspeed

Updating AMD drivers helped me too. Today's patch hasn't hurt either. No crashes or stutters when I played today.
UI is a bit cumbersome but I'm getting the hang of it.

Edited by wombat50

Had a large bounty on my head. Ran into a dozen or so bounty hunters with tracking dogs.
I didn't last long.
Desert Storm.jpg

• Like 1

I can't remember the last time it crashed. I have had bad luck with my horses. One fell over a cliff and a couple I left to close to the tracks and a train hit them. 😡

Hehe, I haven't killed a horse yet but a few close shaved on those hidden cliifs which you can't see until you're on top of them. 

How you enjoying the game. I found the first 15 or do hours hard to figure out what to do, especially to make money. Now I've settled into it and enjoying it as much as I had hoped.

Enjoying the game. I had the same feeling at first, how to make money. Lots to do even when the story missions are done.

On 03/12/2019 at 16:17, Lightspeed said:

Hehe, I haven't killed a horse yet but a few close shaved on those hidden cliifs which you can't see until you're on top of them. 

I have lost 3 horses in 3 days. :(

• Sad 1

I hate that.

Was going somewhere and saw a couple of buck deer fighting. One got killed while the other ran off. I checked the dead one and it had a pristine pelt.
Trying for one of those outfits from the Trapper.
2019.12.08-23.46 copy.jpg