The Gear Museum

Zeealex

Hey Guys! Long time no speak!

Figured I'd make a thread to discuss anything related to the cool guy gear you have stowed away!

I'll start with my woman cave packed with enough gear to literally equip a small team, you may recognise a few pieces too! ;)

so it started out with this tiny lot that you'll have seen before:
dsc_0025_2_by_zeealex-d9o0cvr.jpg

And now I've got a few more additions to the collection

The first purchase of a real deal plate carrier started with the MSA Paraclete SOHPC, ex SAS, complete with plates.
4ZHQTXg.jpg
uCwZRdP.jpg
(the stupid amount of carabiners everywhere is to hold an old gen non-MOLLE camelbak to the MOLLE)

Next up, something some of you guys may know; The MSA Paraclete RAV (Coyote Brown) another ex SF carrier, but previously used for paintball as well, apparently:
NYjFcEi.jpg
PygzODV.jpg
She's looking a little sad due to lack of soft armour.

And a slightly more rare twist on the above, the Paraclete RAV in UCP, I've had to lay this one down as it's a fairly new addition and I've not been able to track down a suitable plate for it yet
It was issued to someone in the US military, I've been unable to identify the specific unit though, i have been able to figure out that this particular RAV could've only been made in one specific year though (2005) as Paraclete was sold off to MSA the next year.   
RanrNk2.jpg

cKAkb0X.jpg

The next RAV I intend to purchase is a woodland RAV... no particular reason... I swear!

While not a plate carrier, I did find this lovely little gem, The Safariland ELCS, a complete package, including the chest load bearing kit and the H strap conversion (fitted in photo) oh, and the cutest little carry bag. 
I find the H-Strap conversion, where everything is loaded onto the belt much more comfortable than the chest straps. 

LawHmG8.jpg

And the most recently accrued piece of kit, and probably one of the harder to find pieces, the CAGE... It's recently gone through a paint job courtesy of yours truly. 
yes... these actually existed...
meOJF2i.jpg

and to top it off, literally, there's my trusty old ACH, custom painted by moi!:
sWFK5mR.jpg

I do have a bonus item in the works, however it's heavily customized and i'm waiting on one last part. 

All these are complete, of course with original issue RAID modded BDU's and combat gear, sat snugly in my wardrobe

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...