Ground Branch - Got my Classic [GR] Mojo Back!

Spent some of this morning having a go at Ground Branch (just training and setting up)...But a quick session in off-line play immediately got me tingling with nostalgia.

No, I'm not going to gush that this is the 'best game ever' (whatever that is) BUT it was *exactly* what I - an old classic [GR] player - has been looking for.

Boy, if they allow map modding and someone makes 'Castle' or Embassy' for it I think I would pass out! ;)

It's brought me back to this forum, hope there are others that are feeling the vibe for this one?

All the best,

Steve (Clone_Ranger)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I do not think my computer is good enough to handle it, but consider my interested. I have been more-or-less disgusted at the state of former Red Storm properties that came out after GRAW2, and most of the 'military' shooters I've seen are arcade-y spazz fests - not to mention mutiplayer incentives make the game even more unrealistic than stupid AI, IMO, players will do things that real people never would and it makes the whole thing ridiculous in my view.

As you might have gleaned from that last sentence, I am not a fan of PvP MP at all. I just won't play it, for any game, I do not enjoy it. So as interesting as this game sounds based on who made it and their goals if this game does not have strong single-player and co-op it just ain't going onto my hard drive (even when I get a new computer that can run this stuff).

• 1 year later...

@Cheimison, Ground Branch will have 8-man co-op. It's now available at Steam as an Early Access game. It looks decent and so far, it seems, feedback is good. This game looks like it might be more similar to Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield than Ghost Recon but we'll see. If it sort of adheres to "tactical realism", GR fans may be happy. I'm keeping an eye on it and am wishing them the best. I became a supporter a LONG time ago.

@Milgeek, isn't it funny that when you hear some news about a "tactical realism" shooter, the first place you think to go to talk about it is ghostrecon.net? That's exactly why I came here after a very long hiatus! Where else is the torch carried for "tactical realism" or whatever term you want to use that conveys the essence of Ghost Recon? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chiles4 said:

... isn't it funny that when you hear some news about a "tactical realism" shooter, the first place you think to go to talk about it is ghostrecon.net? That's exactly why I came here after a very long hiatus! Where else is the torch carried for "tactical realism" or whatever term you want to use that conveys the essence of Ghost Recon? 

Hear hear! 👍