Caviera Mission - 20 attempts and counting....

I had good luck entering thru the NW set of doors.(see attached photos)

Like you I tried to clear all outside troops first.
I only C4'd the one set of doors so reinforcements did not have easy access. After blowing those doors I did not enter immediately. Troops inside will come to those doors and tried to exit so initially some are easy pickin's. 

entry.jpg

top down view
entry_top_down.jpg

I really liked playing this mission. 

• Like 1

Cool, because that is the doors I am trying to get in.

I am blowing them with C4 then waiting in the hut just opposite to take out 2 or 3 tangos that emerge to see what the fuss is all about. Once I'm inside is a whole new challenge though lol.

• Like 1

I meant to mention, in place of C4 IIRC you can shoot the barricaded doors and they will explode.

I had landed a chopper on top of the building before entering, hoping I could exfil with it. There is one corner you can jump off the roof and not die.

Anyways I C4'd a door on the top floor and it destroyed the chopper on the roof. 😞

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually surprised how got the AI pathing is in Wildlands, throughout the entire campaign I hardly saw an issue even once.

So I will be mortified if it happens as you describe and denies me this mission!

I'm off now for attempt number 47....

• Like 1

Yeh I love this mission, I wouldn't still be trying it after 30-40 attempts otherwise lol.

Came close last night though, took out 3 rooftop snipers and the 3 guards in the rear gardens.

Then I cleared the 3 man patrol that roam outside the gates, plus the 3 sitting at the gates.

Then from the roof of one of the perimeter buildings I cleared about 8 guys from the front gardens.

Then I set some mines. A bunch on the road in incase reinforcements started driving in, and some around the back corner to catch anybody that runs around the corner.

Then I entered from the side door I blew open and made my way to the first floor. Second floor was barricaded so I blew open a door on a side wall and a tango was inside ready to take my head of.

Attempt 35.........

Oh My God, I actually got my hands on the target, but failed to get back out of the building. Looking at all those reinforcements waiting outside I think I'll need a lorry load of mines laid out around the entire building!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...