Wachter's Attempts at Skinning

Scccoooorrrrrrpppiiioooonnnnn.

So this Scorpion W2 sample I have is beautiful. Has the color gradients, pattern looks accurate (no vertical elements like Multicam), and even tiles perfectly as far as I can tell. Doesn't me off like every time I look at my Multicam samples (none of them seem perfect to me)... doesn't help that base Multicam seems to come in a few varieties in exact shading and coloration depending on what picture you look at.unknown.png

For reference, here are my main 2 Multicam samples I like tolerate.

unknown.png

unknown.png

But how does this wonderful Scorpion look in game?

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1

So the newest Multicam is a bit too sandy/desaturated for my taste, though what I see in some pictures. I managed to find a sample with the color gradient that isn't super brown. Doesn't seamlessly tile, but it works.

Spoiler

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1

Doesn't look bad, but not my favorite. As for releasing, I don't have any definite plans right now. Still need to setup the gear file for all the pouches on the vest.

Meanwhile, here's a test with AOR 1 (desert) vest, AOR 2 (woodland) coat, and AOR Universal trousers. Probably wouldn't use this exact setup (especially since the coat has several issues when putting camouflage on it including unwanted symmetry and significant distortion, not even sure why I still do it), but efficient for making sure the patterns show up right.

Spoiler

Edited by Jack Wachter

Reworked my file to remove camouflage options from the coat, mainly due to hood symmetry and an unrealistic seam in the texture formed at the lower back portion of the coat. Also expanded the camouflage list by a lot. Below is the current list of camouflage options currently in the file:

Spoiler
  • AOR 1
  • AOR 2
  • AOR Universal
  • Scorpion W2
  • Multi-Terrain Pattern
  • Multicam Digital (pretty sure it's fictional, but it's still cool)
  • Multicam (3 versions, probably only going to use v3)
  • Multicam Arid
  • Multicam Tropic (got a new sample, much better)
  • Multicam Alpine
  • Multicam Black
  • USMC Disruptive Overwhite
  • MARPAT Woodland
  • MARPAT Desert
  • Universal Camouflage Pattern
  • US4CES Arid
  • US4CES Transitional
  • US4CES Woodland
  • US4CES OICE (for the vest only)
  • Kryptek Yeti
  • Kryptek Typhon
  • Kryptek Raid
  • Kryptek Nomad
  • Kryptek Neptune
  • Kryptek Mandrake
  • Kryptek Highlander
  • ATACS Law Enforcement
  • ATACS Intermediate Xtreme
  • ATACS Foliage Green
  • ATACS Arid Urban
  • DPM Desert
  • DPM Woodland
  • M81 Woodland
  • 3 Color Desert
  • 6 Color Desert
  • SURPAT
  • Kamyshovy Urban
  • Kamyshovy Woodland
  • Ana Kamysh
  • Winter Tiger Stripe (4 versions, pretty sure this is also fictional)
  • Tiger Stripe
  • Tiger Stripe Desert

Now for something with blue. Kryptek Neptune.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1

Last time I checked, it was a little under 400 MB. Now? Send help, will work for food. EDIT: Thanks for the compliment, I love the way these look. And if anyone wants the camouflage samples I use, let me know. Most of them are from the Facepunch camouflage thread (I went through over 50 forum pages looking for stuff to grab yesterday).unknown.png

Edited by Jack Wachter

Asking me to stop teasing = I'm going to keep teasing. Enjoy a basic Multicam setup featuring regular Multicam, Multicam Desert, and Multicam Tropic. The gear setup has a minor issue where some of the pouches are aligned horizontally on the texture file, so some of camo is rotated 90 degrees from where it should be. Shouldn't be that noticeable and I'm not going through and rotating all of my patterns so that I can apply them on another set of layers.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First thing I'm doing after this post is editing all the previous posts to put spoiler tags around most of the images. That load time.

For the Frostbite skins, decided to scrap the use of Winter Tiger Stripe. Instead, using 4 different camouflage patterns + white for a total of 8 unique skins. Still got some work to do, but it's coming along. Biggest issue is that sometimes to get the camo shading right for the pants, certain parts get darker than I'd like them to. Oh well.

unknown.png

And for what they look like~

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did some work on the boonie hats, good times. Changed my skin to use a Dark Navy Blue boonie hat for woodland/transitional (originally black) and Desert Tiger Stripe for desert/arid (originally tan). Also should be able to add the balaclavas to the boonie hat face textures easily (perhaps useful for winter boonie hat setups).

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

• Like 1

Unfortunately, can't combine balaclavas with the boonie hat or ball cap heads due to a separate ear portion of the texture that appears prominently on the actual models. Though I am working on the ball caps now, just need to separate different components of the hat before applying camo.

unknown.png