Ghost Recon.net Forums
matrm

Mouse freeze Ghost Recon Gold Edition v1.4

I have owned Ghost Recon now since 2001 and never had an issue with the mouse, it suddenly started acting strange with a sluggish freeze in kit assignments carried over to the game and there you have a complete freeze for a while then it unfreezes only to continue to freeze and any movement on the keyboard for advancing will continue even after you stop holding a movement key.  I have checked everything and note this is the only game on the PC that is acting up like this, operating system win 7 32 is fine no problems with a mouse issue.  I re installed and cleaned all registry entries not once but no less than 3 times and the same issue.  Used another mouse same issue, No virus found and no junk ware, I even removed all mods and try a vanilla install and still get that same mouse issue.  Updated the mouse driver still same problem.  Any ideas from others that might have had an issue like this would be welcomed.  I have lots of memory and lots of hard drive, there is no reason the game should be acting like this and I'm out of ideas.

This is my experience with Gold Edition set of discs.

The base game installs and plays fine. When I install the second disc, Desert Siege and Island Thunder and 1.4 patch it will not start at all.
The issue is with Win 7 and the DRM on Gold Edition the discs. Somehow MS broke installing with a disc set with Win 7 and onward.  My only option was to buy GR and the 2 expansions off of Steam. Well I guess I could have run it on Win XP but I'm not doing that. :-)

May not be your issue as you get the game to launch. Do you have Desert Siege and Island Thunder installed patched to 1.4?

2 hours ago, wombat50 said:

This is my experience with Gold Edition set of discs.

The base game installs and plays fine. When I install the second disc, Desert Siege and Island Thunder and 1.4 patch it will not start at all.
The issue is with Win 7 and the DRM on Gold Edition the discs. Somehow MS broke installing with a disc set with Win 7 and onward.  My only option was to buy GR and the 2 expansions off of Steam. Well I guess I could have run it on Win XP but I'm not doing that. :-)

May not be your issue as you get the game to launch. Do you have Desert Siege and Island Thunder installed patched to 1.4?

The problem was Avast antivirus , it is broken and was causing the problem but only with that one game.  Normally the modules can be turned off even if the ignore games is on but I find it does not turn off so I uninstalled it and the game smoked.  I just went back to my other paid antivirus, Avast has had some problems for the past year now that just don't seem to work well with 32 bit systems any longer.  At any rate it's fixed, I never had a no start before but loading is a bit slow at times with so many mods in the mod folder.  The disc uses safe disc protection but rather than ruin my originals I just use a [Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7] patch and it causes no problems at all.  

That's for posting up your solution - interesting one, but not uncommon for paid AV programs to cause issues.