HU Addon: Cloak-and-Dagger

I could try to make a hostage rescue mission of sorts for you. It'd have to be a repurposed map from vanilla or another map pack since I'm not a mapper. My first thought was the Tbilisi map with the bank and embassy.

• Like 1

I imagine it'd have to be CQB heavy to make it challenging, especially if the amount of tangos is going to be lower than usual.

There's a couple of custom maps that might be perfect for this sort of scenario.

I definitely want to focus on CQB missions. It's such a challenging and dynamic environment that is hard to simply shoot your way through. Also wouldn't mind missions with a lot more civilians.

As for hostage rescue, the mission shouldn't end if a single hostage dies. But a counter of hostage deaths at the end would be pretty cool. There's definitely a lot of cool maps to use. Any you're thinking about in particular other than the embassy?

I'm using the Chalet map by Hana_JP currently, which I think is probably the perfect map for the sort of mission you're looking for.

Trying to figure out how many hostages to put in the map. I was thinking 8-12 would be nice with 1 guard assigned per two hostages. Hell I could look into randomizing this to incentivize replayability.

Side-note: Using the command map to place entities is such a PITA. It reminds me way too much of mission editing in ArmA without a 3D editor.

• 2 weeks later...

So, am working on a patch. Got a few bugs I need to work out. Here are the bugs I know and believe I know how to fix them:

• P90SD sound conflict results in bird noise. Pretty sure I already tracked that down and fixed it.
  • Some of the 9MS campaign missions are unplayable since I deleted some of the actors to save space, thinking they weren't needed. I was wrong. Going to put those back in.
  • My read me still contains information pertaining to previous versions that no longer applies. Thought I got rid of that this time, but nope.

Bugs I'm aware of but don't know how to fix (any help here will be greatly appreciated):

• Supersonic bullet crack sounds don't play in MP for some reason. Work fine on SP, but nothing on MP. No idea what to do here.
  • For some reason, other's have their game crash whenever someone loads the Pointman skin from the CaD COOP Blood Oil kit restriction. My game doesn't crash and I can load the character in MP  by myself, but I have had 2 separate people crash when I tried to use it on other people's servers. While I could change the skin and that would likely fix the issue, I would prefer to not have to do that. Ike.log has been utterly useless.

If you have anymore bugs, please let me know so that I can hopefully take care of them in one patch rather than multiple. Also open to any features you want to see or adjustments you think I should make.

Other than those bugs (and those coming from Heroes Unleashed itself, looking forward to the full release, Apex!), Cloak plays well. Had some really good games with people, the KISS kit restrictions work really well for PvP with AI backup. My plans with this mod now are mostly bug fixing and tweaks, not planning on adding any significant amounts of content anytime soon.

• Like 1

So, any new kit restrictions you all would like to see? Thinking of making some specifically for 18 vs 18 games (the ones on there work alright, but wouldn't mind some purpose built ones). Maybe also a more "complete" PvP setup with the following:

• US Units (Ghosts, Ghosts winter, Ghosts Multicam, Marines, Delta, SEALs)
  • Other NATO (KSK, SAS, Norway, Norway winter)
  • Russian (Alfa and Vympel including winter versions)
  • Deniable Operations (CIA SAD, Shadow Recon, PMC)

Also, someone want to adjust the command map slightly? In 18 vs 18 games, I can't see where the other friendly squad is so it makes coordination more difficult. Probably just make friendlies appear as green dots like it seems they did with vehicles. Don't want enemies to show up, however.

Open to other suggestions as well. And does anyone have info on the bugs from above? I may just switch the CIA Pointman skins to boonie hats, but not sure about the sound issue.

Version 1.3.1 released, available as a patch and as a full download. A few bug fixes and some minor changes as well as some new content. You can even play as me if you want to.

My favorite item from the change log:

On 1/3/2018 at 10:28, Jack Wachter said:

Read Me actually fully proofread to make sure all info is current for once

MP Kit Restriction List:

• CaD COOP Blood Oil
  • CaD COOP Ghost Recon Legacy
  • CaD COOP Ghost Recon Multicam
  • CaD COOP Frostbite
  • CaD COOP Serp. Dream Theory
  • CaD COOP Mega Pack
  • CaD PvP w/VIPs
  • CaD US Army Ghost Recon
  • CaD RUS Spetsgruppa Alfa
  • CaD RUS Spetsgruppa Vympel
  • CaD US Marine Corps
  • CaD US Army Delta Force
  • CaD DE Kommando Spezialkraefte
  • CaD UK Special Air Service
  • CaD US Navy SEALs
  • CaD US Units Team VS
  • CaD Non-US Units Team VS
  • CaD Joint Task Force
  • CaD Private Military Company
  • CaD Shadow Recon
  • CaD CIA Ground Branch
  • CaD Winter Warfare
  • KISS US Army Ghost Recon
  • KISS RUS Spetsgruppa Alfa
  • KISS RUS Spetsgruppa Vympel
  • KISS US Marine Corps
  • KISS US Army Delta Force
  • KISS DE KommandoSpezialkraefte
  • KISS UK Special Air Service
  • KISS US Navy SEALs
  • KISS US Units Team VS
  • KISS Non-US Units Team VS
  • KISS Private Military Company
  • KISS Shadow Recon
  • KISS CIA Ground Branch
  • KISS Winter Warfare
  • KISS Joint Task Force
  • CaD Sniper Battle
  • CaD Sniper Battle No VIS
  • Like 1

I've made a Discord for some GR stuff and to discuss Cloak-and-Dagger specifically. Should be a good medium for discussing the mod and other topics. Maybe even get some games going with different mods. Here's the link: https://discord.gg/WfaggSC

As for future plans with the mod, don't have anything right now. Probably address some bug fixes as they come up and a maybe a thorough weapon sound overhaul using thales' sounds (part of me is considering cranking the volume higher on the sounds). Oh, then there's figuring out what the full version of HU is going to do in terms of compatibility.

May as well make some original content for Cloak-and-Dagger at some point. Anyone want to take a guess at who these guys are supposed to be?

Definitely not what the finished product will look like. Still trying to make a base file to work with and then remember that the support class is a thing and realize that means another base file to make. Also going to look at new face paint skins at some point.

Shoutout to Wombat for all the help he's given me in regards to making skins (and everything else he's helped with for this mod).

unknown.png?width=993&height=559

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ApexMods said:

Just FYI, CaD 1.3.1 seems to work just fine with the next version of HU (v1.0). :)

Sweet, thanks for checking Apex. Looking forward to v1.0, just not the size of it. Interested to see how you adjusted the folder structure.

26 minutes ago, nyleken said:
  • Australian SF? Possibly SASR.
  • I'd say NSW with AOR1 but I'm not good a identifying the intricacies and subtleties of camo patterns.
  • NSW with AOR2.

All NSW. First pattern is AOR Universal, you got the other patterns right. Though I'm probably not going to use these models anymore, they are way too bulky for my taste. Any recommendations for other models? I've already got some picked out, but more ideas is always nice to have.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 19:51, kothen said:

I am really enjoying this mod, Especially the enhanced kit selection as well as the new uniforms and factions. An amazing Mod addon to an Epic Mod itself. 

Glad you enjoy it, definitely has a lot more ways to play with the consolidated kits in SP and the 30+ MP kit restrictions.

As for future development, probably going to halt it for now until HU has its MP issues sorted out. Honestly, I'd like to rebuild this mod from scratch to reorganize everything using what I've learned through making it. But right now, I've got another project I want to work on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jack Wachter said:

Glad you enjoy it, definitely has a lot more ways to play with the consolidated kits in SP and the 30+ MP kit restrictions.

As for future development, probably going to halt it for now until HU has its MP issues sorted out. Honestly, I'd like to rebuild this mod from scratch to reorganize everything using what I've learned through making it. But right now, I've got another project I want to work on.

Oh is it a Ghost Recon Project or an entirely different one?

Wachter,

I stumbled across this GREAT addon mod of yours for HU the other day, and have to say that it adds pretty much everything I was hoping for.  Far more and different kits (I really appreciate using Soviet/Russian theatre kits), terrific new skins, and an AI that just keeps kicking my butt.  The AI that you've supplied - very VERY believable use of tactics.  Once they're on you - watch out!  I was a little worried that all of my teammates had every stat set to the absolute maximum of 250, but with the AI in this mod, I'm finding it extremely challenging to get all of my men out alive.  I can only imagine just how much more wiped out my squad would be if the stats were below 250.  Yeah, those numbers need to stay in place.  I've restarted the GR campaign, and the differences are enormous, and deeply satisfying. 

I'm loading it up with your Bullet Crack sound effects merged over the top of some of Kaffee sounds, and this mod makes GR nearly perfect now.  All we need is the ability to lean as we move.

Thank you for all of your hard work on this.  I very much look forward to seeing your next release after Apex updates HU.  

This is just The Perfect frosting on HU's cake.   

Edited by Kyle_K_ski
  • Like 1

Psst, v1.4 is released. What to expect? A wonderful sound overhaul. The ability to play as Georgian Rebels in MP. Not good enough for you? Got the Ethiopian Army and FDC in there. Oh, don't forget the Taliban. There's also those t-shirt lovers from Blood Oil if you're into that kind of thing. New winter skins, the winter SEALs from DTD Cold Call Out. Also some other changes and updating to HU v1.0.1.

Before anyone asks, I didn't include any custom skins of mine in there. Mostly because I was lazy. But also because I'd like to save those for future projects.

• Like 1