Ghost Recon Not Running on Windows 7 (Server 2008 R2)

C419

Hi,

Been a long time since I've been on the forum. I've felt like playing a little ghost recon except there's only one issue.

I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2 and the game does not run when I try to run it. It will show up in the processes in task manager, but disappears a few seconds after. I've done about everything I have read, trying different options.xml files, disabling the fullscreen and intro videos, all that and no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really want to get back to playing some Ghost Recon.

Note: I can run it in Windows XP on dual boot, but after a little it will blue screen, so that isn't an option.

Hey,

If you have installed from a disc set it will not work on Win 7 or higher. Some how Micro Soft messed up how it reads the digital rights management on the disc sets with these operating systems. The last time my disc set worked was when I was using Windows XP. 
The Steam version works as that's what I had to do to play GR after my disc set no longer worked when I installed them on Win 7 and now 10. Sorry can't give a better explanation.

Try reading the second post here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-to-play-or-install-old-cd-games-in-windows-10/4063b674-879f-4903-afca-5c5d93820c28?auth=1

Edited by wombat50

Sorry, was trying to figure out how to keep it from double spacing when  entering text and inadvertently posted the dang thing.
I know if you shift + enter that will single space but a bit of a pain.  Even my email does it but found a fix for it. Oh well.

Edited by wombat50