Arma 3 Out Takes 12.2.2017

wombat50

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, shakealeg1212 said:

thats exactly how i feel about arma. different strokes for different folks

You're just not doing it right :)

I am confident that anyone who jumped in a coop mission set up the way I play it would see it that way too. Just need a few mods and some GR style missions and you're good to go!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lightspeed said:

Nice Wombat. 

I wouldn't spend your money on Wildlands, it is so boring. I just can't get excited about it no matter how hard I try. 

Haha, you can extract your foot from your mouth once you've caught up on Wombat's posts - since he got Wildlands. :P

• Like 1

I've sunk in a heap of hours, not bored yet - still got lots to do and explore!

I remember before Wildlands was released I said that the story has grabbed me more than any other game, and it is true - the story is one aspect of why I'm still playing the campaign. Which is strange because for me anyway, shooters have been about shooting and the story MEH, not with Wildlands though. It's been very clever the way all the missions are threaded together even though there is total freedom about which order you tackle them.

Love this game.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 15:43, wombat50 said:

I finally have a computer that plays Arma 3 at a decent framerate. My 2009 computer would get down to 9 or so FPS sometimes. Trying out the free version of DaVinci Resolve video editor and used it for this vid.
https://youtu.be/k4B1gYDWjXM

Welcome to the club Wombat. ARMA 3 is very mod friendly so cant wait to see you work.... or just play for a while.
1. Biggest difference is vehicle transport

2. The AI is much less impressive than GR.

3. Glitches are kinda common but less common that the alpha or ARMA 2 maybe.

4. Sounds are ok... strongly recommend a mod like JSRS or Enhanced Soundscape.

Enjoy bro. Let me know if you want to come out to one of our missions.

• Like 1

Yeh love the mod-friendliness of Arma nowadays, Steam has made it so easy!

I respect your opinion Rocky of course. And probably just me, while A3 is a little more clunky it just feels more immersive and real to me and with the variation of missions, it doesn't feel rinse repeat. 

But I do like to jump in GRWL from time to time, it just can't hold my attention. Actually that just may be a general finding with most games nowadays so I think maybe the addiction to gaming finally wore off. :)

On 2/13/2018 at 22:33, Lightspeed said:

But I do like to jump in GRWL from time to time, it just can't hold my attention. Actually that just may be a general finding with most games nowadays so I think maybe the addiction to gaming finally wore off. :)

I feel the same way about games today, too :).

I think Wildlands suffers from what most Ubisoft games suffer from, and that's a lack of an incentive to replay it. I know it's a little bit of a pipe dream considering how weak console CPUs are but what if the next Ghost Recon had a dynamic campaign mode where mission victories or failures result in different consequences? Say you helped generic third world rebels capture a village and you're immediately tasked with blowing up the motor pool at a nearby enemy FOB in order to stifle any attempt at a counter-attack and yet you failed miserably at it.

On 2/13/2018 at 21:49, Burner said:

Welcome to the club Wombat. ARMA 3 is very mod friendly so cant wait to see you work.... or just play for a while.

2. The AI is much less impressive than GR.

Funnily enough I feel the complete opposite. ArmA 3's AI impressed me more than OGR's.

Edited by nyleken