https://goo.gl/maps/azyrf1Kcoer

So, we're going to Rome in the near future. And I'm kinda researching some cool spots along the way

so this is the path from our hotel to various "Must See" that we plan to eat ice cream along the way.

If you know some delicious treats and must see please go the link and add to the directions and share the link back here, so others can hopefully use someday.

I'm going to try to bring a toy to pose as a selfie on various spots. If not, I'll find a Lego or something else. If you know a cool spot around these path for cool sunset picture, pls share that also 

Here's my Cat Tax for your help and assistance

biOGdIT.gif

• Like 1

ENJOY!:bye:On your way back home swing by Tashirojima . I'm sure you'll blend right in there. :rofl:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KRP 56 said:

ENJOY!:bye:On your way back home swing by Tashirojima . I'm sure you'll blend right in there. :rofl:

F7JO24T.gif

FYI Ledanek,
During WWII some Allied soldiers after capturing Rome thought the Colosseum was a modern structure that had sustained aerial bombing.

Very nice photos!

9 hours ago, wombat50 said:

FYI Ledanek,
During WWII some Allied soldiers after capturing Rome thought the Colosseum was a modern structure that had sustained aerial bombing.

Very nice photos!

just a quick impression, I would think 3 days in Rome is equivalent to 1 Trillion of a second in it's total history. And we were there for 2 days...1.75 maybe, and it was waaaay too short.

Someone once said, give respect to the history. Don't just look up when you enter any of the structures in Rome. Look down also and pay respect to that first marble you're about to set foot on. That piece is older than anyone you can imagine.  The amount of precious arts is way overwhelming. 

The Sistine Chapel  is breathe taking...for religious and non-religious but art lovers. If you're an art historian, this is your go-to and bucket list.

reminds me of this scene 

There was this guy in our group, Bruce. He has Right Hip Arthritis. He asked his DR to give him cortizone shots for this trip so he can see the Sistine Chapel. At dinner I asked him was it worth it. He said, he'd give his Left Hip too to come back to this place and just stay in that room that entire day.  Bruce limped for 9 days in our tour. On our departure, he asked that we do a reunion at this place.  
I couldn't agree more.

Be wary though, lots of suspicious looking folks out to take your money.  The most vulnerable person in our group was assaulted by 3 young gypsies...girls too. A couple was able to scare them off of our friend and none was taken.

We're extremely lucky that it was not tourist season and the crowds were not that over whelming. 

Wear very very comfortable shoes.  I had a hiking shoes and I was still in pain in my back  at the end of the day.  So much unpaved or cobblestones.  

I'm still sorting hundreds of pictures.

• Like 1