My Super Secret PvP Visit to Paris Footage Revealed

Sometime ago Ubisoft invited me out to their Paris Studio to play Wildlands PvP with other community members, today they published the video diary from the day.

What I can tell you is that although we played a very early beta version of PvP and we were advised to expect bugs etc, the whole LAN went pretty much flawlessly. 

The room was all decked out in camo and stuff, with two banks of 4 monitors facing each other for the competition, with the tinning team (not me!) playing, and beating, the devs!

Any Qs, let me know!

• Like 3

- i want that black wildlands t-shirt

-class based combat? How is it reflected in the loadout?

-character appearance, is it dictated by team in any way?

-what is the map size? Graw2 small maps or medium sized?

-any reason to renew hope on AI teammate customization?

- i want that black wildlands t-shirt

> How Badly?

-class based combat? How is it reflected in the loadout?

> I think this is one thing they have been working on since we played it, ie the loadout will be restricted by the class.

-character appearance, is it dictated by team in any way?

Not sure what you mean

-what is the map size? Graw2 small maps or medium sized?

If it's anything like what we played, the war zone will be restricted to what you might call an average "camp" size in Wildlands. Of course it would be crazy to have the whole map available in 4 v 4.

Absolutely none lol.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Absolutely none lol.

High chances of it being available in the next Ghost Recon game, given the amount of people requesting it.

On 7/21/2017 at 20:59, nyleken said:

High chances of it being available in the next Ghost Recon game, given the amount of people requesting it.

-Annoying that given all things we can manipulate in the game we cant do this... not that i havent gotten my moneys worth..

-tons of people cried out at the lack of fire mode in Future Soldier.. yet still i sit hoping for firefight mode in a big urban setting like Barvechos... I hope u stressed how wonderful the map is and how shameful it would be to not fully utilize it..

-did anyone suggest "new game+" mode as a way for tier 1 mode to achieve its full potential?

... anyhow, any little "cool" detail we missed in the P v P reveal trailer?

Edited by 5timechamp

6 minutes ago, Zeealex said:

Pilgrim Got invited to the closed beta and has given me an invite, obviously there's an NDA, but I can let you know how i found it on a scale of 1-10 right?

Moreso, u can probably compare it to the experience of the graw console mp.. both in map size as well as ability to tweak match options... though i hear its a no respawn mode

Well, we did not get much sight seeing done to be fair, but I liked the Ubisoft studio lol.

Eating out was a lot different to here on the east coast of Scotland, A LOT different. The food was totally different and the restaurants were somehow different too - more "alive", and they like to cram in more people per square foot that back home lol. They also eat out a lot later at night than here. 

I would go back again, to try and capture more of the famous sights.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, xxxToasTy said:

I'm wondering if stealth plays a role in this game mode?

Absolutely. You'll already be aware of the awesome foliage in Wildlands. Imagine getting into a good vantage point, surrounded by bushes and hearing the footsteps of the enemy approaching, and then they run on right by you without seeing you, and again, and again. That's one aspect of stealth. I don't think I can talk about more, but, I can say yes, stealth is a big part of it.

Just now, Rocky said:

Absolutely. You'll already be aware of the awesome foliage in Wildlands. Imagine getting into a good vantage point, surrounded by bushes and hearing the footsteps of the enemy approaching, and then they run on right by you without seeing you, and again, and again. That's one aspect of stealth. I don;t think I can talk about more, but, I can say yes, stealth is a big part of it.

Awesome, this was my main worry when PvP was finally announced, I didn't wanna have some big run & gun explosions everywhere type gameplay.  Glad to hear stealth is a viable and maybe even vital aspect for PvP