Cold War Flashback

So we did the first set of 3 missions , me Bluefox and Ulakai 

Tip : Do not select NO HUD, select the Ammo/Equipment Only option, that way you can select C4.

Took some footage, will try and upload some highlights.

Looking forward to attempting the rest!

Thanks again!

Dude co-op is where it is at and custom mission like this are keeping it alive.

I swear I STILL see people posting in forums every week it seems, that Ubisoft should be hung out for what they did to GR and taking it away from its roots, and yet there we were, playing GRW in the SAME careful manner we played GR, but with the type of sumptuous graphics I never thought I'd see in a GR game.

And when I play solo, I still occasionally get careless and just go in without enough due care and attention, and quickly get my ass handed to me - JUST LIKE GR.

GRW is fantastic and the old schoolers need to get over it and give Wildlands a fair crack - otherwise they are really missing out.

• Like 5

True Rocky, people sometimes forget that Ghost Recon simply isn't an Arma game, and isn't supposed to be. It is Arma lite. Heavy focus on complex yet fluid infantry combat and more on authenticity than by the numbers realism. Playing on console it amazes me how many of the little controls (reticles, rate of fire, and zoom on weapons alone) they managed to squeeze into the game and still keep it fluid and practical.

If Ubi provides one thing I've been waiting for in a newer Ghost Recon game, it is the tactical flexibility allowed by the map, the gear and the controls. And for that, I applaud them.

Paladin, I will absolutely give this a go!

• Like 1

There are Steam instructions made by GTA fans that works:

1. Make refund.

2. Click dislike button.

3. Type ..."you feelings about this game".

4. ...

5. IGN news: EA buys UBISOFT for one dollar

IGN news 2:  New video GR 7: THE Roots by Visceral Games

IGN news 3:  New GR 7: THE Roots patch adresses animation problems

On 7/2/2017 at 17:48, Rocky said:

So we did the first set of 3 missions , me Bluefox and Ulakai 

Tip : Do not select NO HUD, select the Ammo/Equipment Only option, that way you can select C4.

Took some footage, will try and upload some highlights.

Looking forward to attempting the rest!

Thanks again!

Dont need the hud to select C4. By default its number 8 on the keyboard (not the keypad part).

Also do you guys have a teamspeak or something? I would like to come play with you all. The time zones might be a bit hard to play, but the weekends shouldnt be an issue.

Edited by Evilducky

23 hours ago, Rocky said:

I swear I STILL see people posting in forums every week it seems, that Ubisoft should be hung out for what they did to GR and taking it away from its roots, and yet there we were, playing GRW in the SAME careful manner we played GR, but with the type of sumptuous graphics I never thought I'd see in a GR game.

And when I play solo, I still occasionally get careless and just go in without enough due care and attention, and quickly get my ass handed to me - JUST LIKE GR.

GRW is fantastic and the old schoolers need to get over it and give Wildlands a fair crack - otherwise they are really missing out.

agreed.

On 7/3/2017 at 17:39, Rocky said:

Couldn't agree more. It upsets me that people won't even try this game simply because its a Ubisoft title. IMO they knocked it out of the park on this one. 

Just like the original, wildlands takes the easy to learn hard to master approach and excludes any on rails elements. All while being set in a fantastic open world environment. This IMO is the sequel GR finally deserved. 

And trying to remain on topic here, did anyone else think that mission where you had to bust the ex unidad guy out of prison just screamed M11 Dream Knife? 

Edited by shakealeg1212
  • Like 1

On 12/07/2017 at 06:22, BS_PALADIN said:

Witcher 3 is the best RPG ever made. And it has two great DLCs as well.

Meeting the 3 Crones for the first time is something you will never forget.

Yeh i got it on Steam sale with all the expansions. Just met the crones, you're not kidding. 

Finally getting the hang of the combat mechanics and it makes it so enjoyable to battle.