Whats in your CD player

hephaestus

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop music is corrupting the minds of the younger generation! Pop music should be banned lol.

I heard that they use pop music as torture in Taliban torture chambers....I don't think that's true though....

Oh yeah, in me CD player is: "The Beginning (BK Remix)" by Dean Peters & The Edison Factor....ah, how I love BK (Ben Keen [Dutch DJ]) remixes of all the classics.

Edited by -[NCM]- .:Nightmare:.

Some earlier stuff from past 2 years or so, blah blah blah listen to my dribblings.

Utter crap. If this were paper I wouldn't have wiped my ###### with that.

Find some real class and proper music HERE Hail me as your king and live in the land of the spangly.

/Joke I quite liked it for a tune you couldn't whistle.

What am I listening too? The Darkness: Christmas Time (Don't let the bells end), Pogues/Kirsty McCall (?) Fairytale of New York and the theme tune from Vision On.

Edited by magnumkp

Some earlier stuff from past 2 years or so, blah blah blah listen to my dribblings.

Utter crap. If this were paper I wouldn't have wiped my ###### with that.

Find some real class and proper music HERE Hail me as your king and live in the land of the spangly.

/Joke I quite liked it for a tune you couldn't whistle.

What am I listening too? The Darkness: Christmas Time (Don't let the bells end), Pogues/Kirsty McCall (?) Fairytale of New York and the theme tune from Vision On.

Heh heh, nice one magnum :lol:

What a mix!

My head hurts

A rock'n'roller only, I presume? :P

:lol:

Naaagh, I'm a huge music listener/collector. I'm one of those weird people that actually buys CD's ;)

I've over 2000 CD albums and singles and the same amount in vinyl. I also have, what the kids today :rolleyes: call 'old skool', a pile of vinyl inc. Chicago House from the mid eighties. When I bought these imports new, I placed them in plastic covers and they've hardly been played. I've got early British House too as well as 'real' Hip Hop. To add to this I saw Inner City live [Remember 'Big Fun'?] and Fingers Inc. at the Hacienda in Manchester. The top tune in the Hacienda that night was 'It Takes Two' by MC Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock......which.....I also bought brand new, import and on the Profile label. :o

Just before I flew out here, I DJ'd at two top house parties. It was only supposed to be the one, but his next door neighbour like it so much he wanted me to DJ at his birthday party the Saturday after :D I'd done it loads of times before and I play everything; Northern Soul, Motown, some seventies and a stack of eighties. I always drop some indie in there and of course dance and hip hop.

I am a legend in my mate's living room :lol:

DS

How is The Darkness? There's an interview with The Brothers Hawkins in this month's Guitar Player.

Stood around and read it at the shop. Never heard of them before.

Contents - B000002JQ6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Weeee saaaaaaaluuuuuuuuuute yooooooooou

The Darkness rock.

Well, some people like them, some people don't. Think of Queen, with their tongue in their cheek (not that Queen didn't, but think more so). Basically good old fashioned rock with a little bit of humour thrown in, BUT not so much humour to detract from the Music (yeah man, its all about the music).

I'm sure you can d/l a clip or a song from somewhere. I only heard one song before I bought the album, and it hasn't been out of my cd player since.

Perez Prado: He done a track for a Guiness advert way back 95/96 called Guaglonine or similar. Crazy.

Perez Prado: He done a track for a Guiness advert way back 95/96 called Guaglonine or similar. Crazy.

He did have a resurgence back then due to that ad (I thought it was hard liquor) but I was into him when I started listening to Beat Generation stuff back in the day. Invented the mambo he did. A few short years prior to Tito Puente but he didn't break as big so most people associate Tito with the mambo. Tito however is a very watered down version of Perez (although I loved seeing Tito live).

I remember, there was a track.....

"E=MC Hawking" or something similar....It's funny as hell, MC Hawking does his lyrics in the exact same voice that the scientist, Stephen Hawking has (the kinda robotic voice)....Seriously, this track was done years ago, I can't remember exactly when. I'll have to find it cuz it's well funny.