Ghost Recon not Launching on Windows 7 64Bit

inTIMidator

Hello,  I am having trouble getting the game to run.  

My System

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium SP 1

i7 2600K 3.40hz, 8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 760

I have a clean install of the game and DS and IT, patched to 1.4.  I downloaded the Options.xml file that has fullscreen set to false and Show intro False.  I have tried installing the files discussed in this thread, https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1267912-ghost-recon-20012002-no-longer-works/?page=2.  I have set "run as Admin" XPsp2 compatibility, 16bit colour, lower my monitor resolution.  I still get a black screen and a CTD or nothing happens when I hit the .exe.

Any other advice?

If you are installing from a set of discs you probably are not going to get it to work. From what I know  Micro Soft screwed up the DRM for allot of games with Win7 and later operating systems. If this is the case Steam is the best option as it has no DRM associated with it. 

• 5 months later...

Are you trying to install from a set of discs?
They will not work with Vista, Win7 and 10 because Microsoft has messed with the Digital Rights Management that effect older games in these operating systems. 

The only option I can mention on these forums is to buy the Steam version which definitely works on Win7 as I have used it to play GR since 2009. 
I can not confirm that the Steam version works personally on Win7 but I'd bet on it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think with the discs, GR would work but after installing DS and IT patched to 1.4 it would not launch.
That was my experience. 

Google translate: 
Я думаю, что с дисками GR будет работать, но после установки DS и IT, исправленных до 1.4, он не запускается.
Это был мой опыт.