Ghost Recon.net Forums
Lightspeed

Ghost Recon in Arma 3

This is where I will discuss and show the tools n tricks I use in Arma 3 Eden Editor to recreate GR.

My current project is a remake of OGR.

• Like 3

Sounds good to me. Can't wait to see it. 

So some early screenshots here of something which I chanced upon while in the Arma editor. I was working on a remake of Witch Fire at an old castle on the Chernarus map and was really annoyed about not being able to climb and run around on the walls.

So having the ability to use the 3d editor i thought I would try to build a castle that you could climb like MP06 Castle. Small stroke of genius, I flipped two walls back to back and I knew I was on to something.

Since then i worked on Caves, Pow Camp, and Docks at which point i realised I could do a good job on a GR original campaign remake.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/196364-ghost-recon-maps-castle-prison-camp-docks-etc/

Awe very nice. Extremly impressive. 

also seen you found Agryll over there as well. Thats pretty cool. 

While they are not exact replicas, they are very close, but importantly, I am confident that they capture tge essence of GR particularly when you bring in other elements that make up the GR style of play which I will cover next.

• Like 1

wombat - feel like shooting some vids? if I give you the missions, you could do some of your magic and display what I've got so far.

no pressure, if you're looking for something to do in recording world.

• Like 1

I plan to start handing over some material to Wombat to start filming. 6 missions r rdy for beta testing so will start that process too.

• Like 2

So it's been a while and I've been busy cranking out missions - 7th is hitting beta testing this weekend.

I promised some pics so I thought I'd show you an editor shot of Castle and PoW Camp which were hand built - Castle at around 500 objects, POW Camp at 600.

I used Igor Editor as my reference points, as well as my memory of the maps and watching a few youtube vids to try and get it as close to original as possible. Where objects weren't there I used some creativity to make it work. :)

Note: Castle Day walls can be accessed by wooden stair cases and you can run the whole way round and through the towers)

castle_editor.jpg

pow_camp_editor.jpg

• Like 3

This is seriously impressive. Lightspeed has granted me access to a work in progress video of the castle and it blew me away.

• Like 1

Looking forward to storming the POW camp big time!

That's awesome Lightspeed - really amazing work you have done there.

Im officailly impressed.....excellent job Lighty. This must have taken hours of passionate, frustrating, and hard work.

Trailer to be released v shortly. :)

Yeh Burner, estimate 250-300 hours for this incl recreations of castle and pow camp.

Edited by Lightspeed

Now I have to reinstall Arma just to give this a try.

So many games...so little time. I'm getting to old for this.

Thanks Lightspeed!

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 13:49, Lightspeed said:

So it's been a while and I've been busy cranking out missions - 7th is hitting beta testing this weekend.

I promised some pics so I thought I'd show you an editor shot of Castle and PoW Camp which were hand built - Castle at around 500 objects, POW Camp at 600.

I used Igor Editor as my reference points, as well as my memory of the maps and watching a few youtube vids to try and get it as close to original as possible. Where objects weren't there I used some creativity to make it work. :)

Note: Castle Day walls can be accessed by wooden stair cases and you can run the whole way round and through the towers)

castle_editor.jpg

pow_camp_editor.jpg

SNAP    lol

arma3 2017-02-04 09-32-20-35.jpg

• Like 1

Can you run on those walls Hammer? And through the towers? Nope?? I win!!

Double Snap!! :rofl:

See 3:16 to 3:45 of the trailer.

Edited by Lightspeed
  • Like 1