Jump to content
Ghost Recon.net Forums
Rocky

Wildlands Closed Beta - Press Release

Recommended Posts

GRAB YOUR FRIENDS AND GEAR UP FOR
TOM CLANCY’S GHOST RECON® WILDLANDS™ CLOSED BETA, COMING FEBRUARY 3-6

 
STEP INTO THE ROLE OF AN ELITE GHOST TEAM BY PLAYING THE ENTIRE BETA COOPERATIVELY IN FOUR PLAYER CO-OP
 
 
London, UK — January 25th, 2017 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands Closed Beta will be available from February 3rd - 6th, 2017, on current-gen consoles and PC. Pre-load will start on February 1st. Players waiting to see what it truly takes to become a Ghost can still sign-up to have a chance to participate in the Closed Beta at GhostRecon.com/Beta. Each selected player can invite up to three friends to join their team on the same platform.
 
The Closed Beta will introduce players to near-future Bolivia as they explore Itacua, a flourishing and mountainous province. As Ghosts, players will work together to take down key members of the Santa Blanca drug cartel as they dismantle the criminal organisation. Similar to the full game, all the content in the Closed Beta will be playable with up to three friends via four player co-op, or in single player. Players are free to utilise any variety of vehicles, tactical equipment and weapons to get the job done.
 
Set in the largest, action-adventure open world ever created by Ubisoft, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands takes place in Bolivia, a few years from now, as the country has been turned by the vicious Santa Blanca drug cartel into a narco-state. Players are tasked with eliminating the cartel by any means necessary. The massive and responsive open-world encourages a variety of playstyles, allowing players the freedom to choose how they execute any and all missions.
 
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, please visit www.ghostrecon.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys,

is there any chance you will be giving away beta codes? knowing my luck i won't be selected for the closed beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gvse said:

hi guys,

is there any chance you will be giving away beta codes? knowing my luck i won't be selected for the closed beta.

I would say there is a chance .....  :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh, I thought this might be the case! :)

Ill keep my ear to the ground then.

Any conditions that need to be met? readiness to donate both kidneys, etc? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, organ procedures might be seen as a tad extreme. Parhaps just a twitter account lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if signing up earlier makes us more likely to get in? I signed up early in December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a random selection as far as I know, so as long as your name is on the list, you are in with a chance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who has been an active member of GR.Net for the last decade should get one automatically....we are the original Ghosts godamnit.

All those in favour say "Aye". :fingersx:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lightspeed said:

Anyone who has been an active member of GR.Net for the last decade should get one automatically....we are the original Ghosts godamnit.

All those in favour say "Aye". :fingersx:

Aye :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Rocky it don't look like I'm going to get selected...even though I bought a copy of the CE on Steam back in early Dec.

 

Can you make sure I get one? Please!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are people already being emailed with notifications? I registered for the beta application the day they made sign-ups available -- nothing received yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 101459 said:

Are people already being emailed with notifications? I registered for the beta application the day they made sign-ups available -- nothing received yet...

For the For Honor closed beta, they sent the e-mails out the day before it started. They'll probably do the same for Wildlands. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 101459 said:

Are people already being emailed with notifications? I registered for the beta application the day they made sign-ups available -- nothing received yet...

You want to try the beta? Say it ain't so! :jester::whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Lightspeed said:

You want to try the beta? Say it ain't so! :jester::whistle:

And why wouldn't I? Clearly you only selectively read, and interpret and see what you want to see in what I've posted to these forums... I've bought every Tom Clancy game Ubisoft has produced on every platform and commercial venue they've offered them on (so some I own more then once, or even twice) -- more out of deference to face time with the author, and love or what Red Storm accomplished. You're way off track mister, and out of line...

Edited by 101459
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, spikemtz said:

For the For Honor closed beta, they sent the e-mails out the day before it started. They'll probably do the same for Wildlands. 

Thanks spikemtz... I think I recognize your avatar; Elite Warriors: Vietnam?  That was a promising game: Ghost Recon inspired, sophisticated nav mesh AI, and Major Plaster consulting on the design.  Unfortunately limitations of: tiny budget, the nFusion engine which while fairly impressive I think was the coding effort of just one person -- so overwhelmed and probably underpaid developer, but like Ghost Recon still fun today for what it is; albeit buggy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 101459 said:

Thanks spikemtz... I think I recognize your avatar; Elite Warriors: Vietnam?  That was a promising game: Ghost Recon inspired, sophisticated nav mesh AI, and Major Plaster consulting on the design.  Unfortunately limitations of: tiny budget, the nFusion engine which while fairly impressive I think was the coding effort of just one person -- so overwhelmed and probably underpaid developer, but like Ghost Recon still fun today for what it is; albeit buggy.

Yep! Elite Warriors: Vietnam! I like the nWorld engine games, but they are definitely buggy. Retroism just re-released Line of Sight: Vietnam and Deadly Dozen on Steam. Not sure about Deadly Dozen, but they updated LOS:V and made it even buggier than it was before. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×