Ghost Recon.net Forums
TJbrena

Wildlands at SHOT Show

So I'm at SHOT Show (a huge trade show for firearms, apparel, armor, optics, accessories, services, etc.) this year, and at the back of the 5.11 Tactical's booth I found a big ad for Wildlands.

Apparently 5.11 gear will be featured in Wildlands. 

Sorry for phone quality.

Also, the KAC LMG featured on the cover wasn't in KAC's booth.

20170117_102459.jpg

Edited by TJbrena
  • Like 2

511 makes good stuff. I can say without a doubt their pants are better quality then Army Issued ACUs.

They also make yoga pants but havent given that a shot yet. 

Who wants to see a Ghost's bulge? 

Just browsed through a copy of RECOIL I got at SHOT. There's an insert from 5.11 in it that features Wildlands.

There's not really much new in it, nothing major at least. Some stuff about authenticity, allegedly the devs tried out real-life versions of the in-game guns, though some may not have been available. Like I said in the OP, the KAC LMG wasn't at SHOT, and if it wasn't there, I doubt the devs got their hands on it. It says Ubisoft Bucharest did the guns.

Odd to find this in a gun magazine.

Pic related. Back end of the 5.11 insert.

20170117_224703.jpg

Edited by TJbrena

I only found the booth by coincidence, oddly enough. It was right next to FN's booth. And judging by the picture I found in RECOIL that I posted, it'll have at least one FN gun.

Interesting....real world tactical gear manufacturer meets Ghost Recon game. Make me think....can we get a coorperate sponser to fund the next tactical shooter for advertising space? Aimpoint are you listening?

Edited by Burner

2 hours ago, Burner said:

Interesting....real world tactical gear manufacturer meets Ghost Recon game. Make me think....can we get a coorperate sponser to fund the next tactical shooter for advertising space? Aimpoint are you listening?

Worst case scenario:

20xx: Freedom Group sponsors a tactical shooter and hypes it up. It ends up like every product Freedom Group subsidiaries have made since their acquisition by FG.

Maybe this isn't the best idea.