Just bought GRAW2 on PC today, "server refused connection"

Hey all. Long story short, I downloaded the "GRAW 2 Launcher" from the main page of this website, and when I attempt to create account or play multiplayer after following the directions on this website, I receive the error message "server refused connection". Any tips? Sort of disappointed after buying this game today....after giving up on this game becoming a backwards compatible title on Xbox One.

If you are reading this, and also know how to use a console controller (Xbox One), that would be helpful. 

Thank you so much!

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

I am using Ghost Recon Connect launcher and was doing fine until a couple of weeks ago. I am now getting "the server has refused the connection" I have tried deleting and creating many profiles to no avail.... Would appreciate any help to get back in game.

TruLed

The master/login server is not up, because Ghostreconconnect.com is down.  So is Gamediggers.net.  Both are hosted through Getsited.org, which is also down.

Not sure this has anything to do with the New Zeakand earthquake, but they  all disappeared at that time.........

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2016 at 15:27, bakesalee said:

If you are reading this, and also know how to use a console controller (Xbox One), that would be helpful. 

Thank you so much!

Eric

The only way I could use an Xbox controller (On any GR:PC game) was to get the Pinnacle Profiler application. It actually works well, although registering the application is an absurdity. 

I believe the Steam profiler is part of the beta update (available to everyone) instead of the regular public build. Yet.

JoyToKey has one significant advantage in that it works with any program, including Windows itself, even allowing you to remap your mouse to your gamepad for desktop use. Still, if you use Steam primarily, it makes sense to use it instead.

• 1 month later...

Been there and done that, got on easily, played a few games already, Thank you much, Struth.  Had no problems at all except to modify my virus program to allow your "Launcher" to work.  All we need is an avalanche of players when TDM is going strong as in the past.  The ease with which I got on will allow a lot of players to join because of all the problems logging on under the old system.  The new Launcher worked great.

Thanks

Tom1935, tmfrex

Edited by tom1935

• 1 month later...

My question is

why buy a 2007 game on 2016 ?!

i still play on it once in a while, but moved to GR phantoms until last year.

im planning to buy the new SWITCH and play wildlands on it.

I believ GRAW 2 lawncher doesnt work anymore, it sent me messages about the server not responding or something

didnt really care much about , the last year gamediggers had it there was like 10 players max online.

it became really boring on the servers back in 2012

Edited by pachanga

Hi pachanga,

good to hear you still play GRAW2 once in a while. IMOP wildlands is a port and it's nothing like a GR game, so it's not surprising people still play GRAW2, by your own admission, including you. : )

On 30/03/2017 at 03:23, pachanga said:

why buy a 2007 game on 2016 ?!

Cause it is a better game than the crap they sell now in 2017

On 30/03/2017 at 03:23, pachanga said:

I believ GRAW 2 lawncher doesnt work anymore

That's incorrect, it's working fine and it still gets some action. LINK TO LAUNCHER (That works if you run it as admin) 

Hope to see you all at gamerecon.net

Best regards

Edited by struth__

• 1 month later...

Hi True,

The database connection times out after a month or so - see here

I have restarted the script and you should be good to go, don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other question or issues.

If you get a chance please post something in our forum so we don't look like a Ghost town and while you're there think about supporting us with a little donation to help me keep this game of games alive

Also...   If you join our TeamSpeak server while playing it might help the community get back together again

Enjoy!

-JH