Vehicles with Dynamic Lights

ApexMods

I noticed there are few vehicles modded for GR with dynamic lights, and I couldn't find any with working rear lights. Never delved too much into this myself (last time I touched 3DSM was about a decade ago, I fear), so I was wondering if head lights are complex to implement and whether rear lights are possible at all?

from my experience with arma, all that's needed for vehicle lights is a modelled in cone with some emissive properties, but directx8 is such an old API i'm not sure if it would work the same. 
if front lights are possible i would imagine rear lights would be, whether or not they would work remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I read a lengthy vehicle document sometime ago. It appeared that it only required a helper point and to be grouped under a specific name for the light and a damage model for the light.

The action if lighting and damage was hard coded in the c++ but can be utilized on any Vic. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...