Ghost Recon: Wildlands E3 2016 Gameplay

please take it from me, it does not have to be played in the manner shown there :o)

But it can be played that way?Please no, running around without any requirement of tactics, and that horrible AI?

Shouldn't it be punishing? imagine if you were playing the OGR, but you also had regenerative health and Terrible Aim AI, it can still be playing like the OGR but at any moment you can also say ###### it and wing it without any repercussions  

I think many people are asking this question after watching that faux co-op mission.

Anyone who has played a Ghost Recon co-op mission has at the very least done a coordinated drop. You know the scene, you have 5 or 6 enemies on a patrol around your target, there's only four of you so you have to do a co-ordinated drop on 4 of them, and pick up the runner. This is standard stuff in Ghost Recon co-op.

Any co-op team worth their Ghost Recon badges would spread out around the area, visually identify each of the enemy by some physical identifier, and pick one each, countdown from 4, POP, then hit the runner. 

Now, in that E3 co-op demo, did we see any of that, NO - we saw a run and gun hollywood assault, something that looks good on the massive screens they have at E3. 

So I go back to my earlier statement

please take it from me, it does not have to be played in the manner shown there :o)

Yes, you can play Wildlands like you played Ghost Recon, and yes if you play it like shown in that demo, you will die.

You CANT make an DUDEBRO action game AND a tactical game at once and give the option for both and say "there, both teams are happy" its a formula that destroys games, (look at SCBlacklist)

Can't you? What if there are difficulty options, like a hardcore mode that removes HUD and god like information - and makes the enemy AI one bullet Ghost Recon wonders?

I'm not saying any of that will be in the final game, but if it was, would that not solve your concern?

• Like 1

You CANT make an DUDEBRO action game AND a tactical game at once and give the option for both and say "there, both teams are happy" its a formula that destroys games, (look at SCBlacklist)

Can't you? What if there are difficulty options, like a hardcore mode that removes HUD and god like information - and makes the enemy AI one bullet Ghost Recon wonders?

I'm not saying any of that will be in the final game, but if it was, would that not solve your concern?

Indeed, thats why i asked, difficulties would go a long way to make it a more tactical experience.

Of course, i still have loads of questions, (mainly about how can we command the AI Ghosts) which are hope will be revealed soon.

The footage from E3 makes me want to vomit.  Just another garbage open world TPS.. Are we ever gonna get another FPS GR game with stupid hard AI and amazing pre-mission planning?

Edited by Lenney

As Rocky keeps saying, if you can choose FPS, turn off diamonds and make bullets deadly then there is no reason why this can't be played like a true GR experience. The fact that it's open world is a huge positive, it's actually how GR was always meant to be. With all the above enabled, this game will be as tactical as any GR mission.

• Like 1

The footage from E3 makes me want to vomit.  Just another garbage open world TPS.. Are we ever gonna get another FPS GR game with stupid hard AI and amazing pre-mission planning?

Stupid hard AI, LMAO after you played once or twice through they were easy. And pre-mission planning...not in original GR.

Now if you want stupid hard AI get to level 30 in The Division and play the High Value Targets. Those guys are ruthless.

Stupid hard AI, LMAO after you played once or twice through they were easy. And pre-mission planning...not in original GR.

Now if you want stupid hard AI get to level 30 in The Division and play the High Value Targets. Those guys are ruthless.

As Rocky keeps saying, if you can choose FPS, turn off diamonds and make bullets deadly then there is no reason why this can't be played like a true GR experience. The fact that it's open world is a huge positive, it's actually how GR was always meant to be. With all the above enabled, this game will be as tactical as any GR mission.

This site has become even more facepalm than I imagined it could.  I think I'll peace out for another 4 years and keep playing ARMA

Edited by Lenney
  • Like 1

While I agree with everything Lightspeed and Rocky have said,  I would add that the lack of a FPS option will be a deal breaker for me. I have watched a lot of the game play vid's now appearing on youtube, and although the missions are very open world and your options to do the mission are many, the actual mission seems very scripted ?

Take the mission to interrogate White hat, it seems in the vids that it doesn't matter how stealthy you are the minute the first 2 guys are down he makes a run for it .  And it always ends up with a shoot out in the same place down the road .   Just an observation, and just hoping its like a demo level and not an actual game mission. 

Now there's a name I haven't seen for a long time! Hi Hammer.

I agree in that respect, plz not overly scripted. In saying that though, GR as you well know, benefited from scripted events too. The fact that we see it ten times in gameplay vids probably makes it seem worse then it would normally be.

and I hope to hell we can create our own missions on here!

Lenny, not sure what you're carrying on about, but Rocky, myself and guys like Hammer are as old school GR as you can get. So our views shouldn't be dismissed so flippantly.

Edited by Lightspeed
  • Like 1

Pre-mission planning? Uh... are we talking about Rainbow Six here or Ghost Recon? 

Ghost Recon was mostly a game about improvisational tactics than it was following a detailed set of plans.

As for the stupidly hard AI, that mainly boiled down to them having an aimbot. Which isn't a bad thing for a tactical shooter in 2001, it's a good way to make up for deficiencies in other areas and actively encourages the aforementioned improvisational tactics by emphasizing ambushes. 

But as Nightcrawler noted, the AI were also very predictable largely due to the way levels were laid out. The AI were incredibly capable of breaking formation to take cover and having one guy suppress, but that quickly wears off on replays. Their aimbot certainly doesn't help in that regard.

• Like 1

Oh me, that's disappointing.  Could somebody just remake the original GR with updated graphics--same maps and mission would be fine.

I am with you, It's just so easy to Ubisoft to do that, nothing compares to the first ghost recon. The first GR was the game of the year....This game? impossible, or almost impossible....Wildlands have great potential, they just have to look back on the past and remember the best game on the planet, THE FIRST Ghost Recon and the superb Multiplayer. They don't care about fans, just a blockbuster to sell millions to kids. Hope they make deep changes on Wildlands or this release will be Just another military GTA  to have fun around.

Edited by FWT*Fleive

Great idea, If Ubisoft does that, then this Wildlands could be a huge hit.