Ghost Recon: Wildlands E3 2016 Gameplay

It looks and plays horribly...

That AI, the animations, weapon handling, even the visuals... yuck.

Wow... i mean... i know this is still in development, but jeez, my interest and excitement went the lowest i ever thought it could go

"tactical" shooter my butt.. its another open world 3rd person shooter, oh joy....

Still i am not writing this game off yet, its WIP and has a long way to go, however this demo did not excite me in the least.

Edited by SCAgent
  • Like 1

Thank goodness they still have time to work on this.... By any other name what we see would be fine... but at the moment the product looks like any other open world 3rd person shooter..

Future Soldier might not have been "proper" Ghost Recon but the campaign and gameplay had a rhythm all its own... heres hoping more info is released and/or the game evolves properly

Tough it looks heavily scripted, im having hardtimes seeing where its scripted and where its not, or some kinda randmness/reactions. 

Feels like halftrailer/half ingame, weird feeling.

The voice acting, what is it? is it overdubbed or from ingame? Whatever it is, its horrible!!

Edited by pagey

The kids will love it! GTA V expansion!

If you coukd play it in first person only on hardcore then could be quite cool. You have to keep in mind they are rushing through this mission to provide 5 min of action packed entertainment with voice overs. It wont play out like that on release.

Edited by Lightspeed

Wow you guys... what is it you're expecting the moon and stars.

These are games enjoy for what they are. And give up on the idea that we'll ever have our precious come back to us.

Personally I'm still stoked for this one it's better then I've had in quite some time.

Yeah, did anyone really think this was going to be blast to the past?

On the other hand, at least the HUD is more bearable than the past few Ghost Recon games.

EDIT: I was wrong about the recoil. The silenced pistol has clearly visible recoil, but that was in the first person perspective.

Edited by nyleken

If they had put up a trailer based off the way we used to play Ghost Recon co-op, it would be blinking boring, lets be honest lol.

For a media promo, trailers have to show more than tense inching forward.

Not surprised on the reactions above but as someone who has played it, please take it from me, it does not have to be played in the manner shown there :o)

• Like 5

please take it from me, it does not have to be played in the manner shown there :o)

But it can be played that way?Please no, running around without any requirement of tactics, and that horrible AI?

Shouldn't it be punishing? imagine if you were playing the OGR, but you also had regenerative health and Terrible Aim AI, it can still be playing like the OGR but at any moment you can also say ###### it and wing it without any repercussions  

The only excuse for making it so easy and so not tactical, is for newcomers and action-open-world gamers who dont want to play slowly and just run&gun, and thats a mistake, i strongly believe there are people out there that want games like the OGR and i believe Wildlands can/should be like that, 

You CANT make an DUDEBRO action game AND a tactical game at once and give the option for both and say "there, both teams are happy" its a formula that destroys games, (look at SCBlacklist)

if you are ok with having a game like that and turning a blind eye to bad gameplay design decisions that betray the core of the genre of GR, your standards and mine are canyons apart.

Please tell me there will be difficulties, please? :) it would be some consolation..

Ghost Recon like Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six are not games where you can show a gameplay demo slow-methodical and stealthy in an event like E3 (as you said) it would be boring, that's why you release it separately for the community to watch and show a marketing flashy quick trailer for the masses.

I still have a bit of Hope, its a long way to March, but i ain't expecting anything anymore, they F Advanced Warfighter, they (i dont have words for that) Future soldier ,Lets see what they do with Wildlands..... Its ubi afterall, they try to listen to feedback, i can see that, they are trying, but for the past 7 years, their games have been sub-par for me.

I respect your opinion and no offence is meant anywhere, i hope you do the same for me. Over&Out ;)

Edited by SCAgent

Dissapointed, just looks more and more like a worse version of Future Soldier, completely lost the Ghost Recon point, might as well slap "The Division: Wildlands" on the game. GRAW2 really was the last Ghost Recon. Weren't some of you from here at Ubisoft helping them get the point what Ghost Recon was all about?

As far as open world shooters/stealth games go, Watch_Dogs 2 looks more promising.

I'll give Ubisoft Paris the benefit of the doubt however, and we'll see how things go on March.

As far as open world shooters/stealth games go, Watch_Dogs 2 looks more promising.

I'll give Ubisoft Paris the benefit of the doubt however, and we'll see how things go on March.

trust me, Watch Dogs 2 will dissapoint just like the 1st one.

trust me, Watch Dogs 2 will dissapoint just like the 1st one.

Sorry, but I'll reserve opinions for November.

Ubisoft Montreal is very much hit or miss when it comes to games, but at worst they're mediocre and at best they're fun romps through an open world sandbox.

I'm with SCAgent here, you get games like Dark souls and people never shut up about it, because it's unforgiving, because it's difficult, people clearly want games that make you say "woah, hold up a second, this isn't just some hack 'n' slash" 

I personally think if GR was to go back to that unforgiving-yet-forgiving nature, where if you slip up you are more than likely gonna die, but that's okay there's five guys left so you won't insta-fail the mission. where there was no character development yet you felt genuine remorse for being a total idiot and getting someone -who you knew very little about- killed, people would relish in it's uniqueness and its ability to break the status quo, spec ops did it, titanfall did it, battlefield is doing it. It's not about tactical playing to an imaginary 'niche' it's about breaking the status quo and making your game look totally badass for doing it, people will gladly see themselves become a part of this niche if it's a game that they can get on board with. 

Dissapointed, just looks more and more like a worse version of Future Soldier, completely lost the Ghost Recon point, might as well slap "The Division: Wildlands" on the game. GRAW2 really was the last Ghost Recon. Weren't some of you from here at Ubisoft helping them get the point what Ghost Recon was all about?

Yeh, me. Which aspects of Ghost Recon do you feel are missing from this new media?

I personally think if GR was to go back to that unforgiving-yet-forgiving nature, where if you slip up you are more than likely gonna die, but that's okay there's five guys left so you won't insta-fail the mission.

Yeh, good way of explaining that.

Remember GRAW was awful in this respect though, because if you died as mission lead, the mission re-started. That was a nightmare.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1