Ghost Recon.net Forums
nyleken

Today I Learn that the friendly AI actually bound

I was testing out a mod to see if everything was working fine and decided to delegate my fireteam control to the AI for fun and set their ROE to recon and gave them an objective. You can imagine my surprise when I see the fireteam leader give a hand signal for his subordinates to hold their position and cover him while he advanced forward. After lumbering forward for about 10 to 20 meters, he gives the hand signal for the rest of the fireteam to move towards him, and so the cycle continues until the objective is reached.

I almost never pay attention to my AI fireteam so this came as a bit of a surprise for me.

• Like 4

Yup, i always loved that..

they do a great job of halting when sensing a threat..its a great to watch and maddening to see these system have not been advanced

Yeh, always loved this too, very immersive.

Just how well done is this?  Just how immersive is this?

For the first time, I feel in a game a deep responsibility to take care of my squad members.  For the first time, I know they will take care of me.

They are not simply digitized pawns to be used or bartered with.

Edited by MarkShot
  • Like 1

Yes, very immersive indeed, GR animations and voices are absolutely top stuff.

In GR campaigns squad mates can be given any name you desire. Been awhile but I'd choose friends and co-worker names.

Really wanted to keep them alive.

• Like 2

In GR campaigns squad mates can be given any name you desire. Been awhile but I'd choose friends and co-worker names.

Really wanted to keep them alive.

I usually give a name to a campaign - "Tom Parker"  in ZAPAD-81, for instance - and then name one of my Ghosts that. Said Ghost becomes the de facto main character of said campaign, and I end up coming up with very minor backstories for some other Ghosts I end up naming.

• Like 1