How to modify a sound for a gun or create it ?

Acehole

Hi, i want to use the sound (excellent if not real !) of the famas_custom_sd in " HX5" and "Black Sun" mods with an other texture  but they lack the burst sound that exist on Famas F1 and G2...can i modify the full auto (or single) wav file to obtain the burst sound ? or perhaps anybody know which other gun  have these sounds but with also the "burst" ??? these wav are: drag_w_famas_sf ,drag_w_famas_ss.wav,drag_w_famas_rc.wav (1 shot,full auto) ....i search in my collection of mods but dont' find the same ...thanks for help .:flowers:

Famas_Burst.zip

I have set this up as a mod to run higher priority than Black Sun when activating.

The zip file contains a readme.txt with instructions. Place the Famas_Burst Mod in your Mods folder.

It has the altered famas.gun files which add three round burst.
The sound: drag_famas_ts.wav
and an effects.xml for the new sound

You could merge it with Black Sun but it would not work properly if playing online or LAN.
This is only for singleplayer.

Edited by wombat50

Thanks so much ! your burst sound is perfect and i merge it with the other sounds in my own armoury mod , but , for learn how to do ,i  follow your advice in your mail and with Audacity , i  can make a burst sound with the _SS.wav very close to the one in your mod ....thanks again for your friendly answers and your work for GR :flowers:.

PS: i try different "lenght" in effect .xml file but that seems to not do any change in game ???

I'm glad you have Audacity. The length in the effects.xml and the true length of the sound do not matter in GR, that I can tell.

This is the way I make a burst sound for GR in Audacity.
I divide 60 seconds by the rate of fire found in the gun file.
For the Famas the ROF is 950 so divide 60/950= 0.063
I input that value into the length box at the bottom of the picture.
The selection will turn blue in the sound track.
I go to Effect at the top of the picture and select Repeat from the drop down menu.
I repeat the blue selection 2 times and press OK.
I export the entire track as mono 16 bit pcm .wav.
The Project Rate(Hz) can be set in the lower left hand corner of the picture. For GR it should be 22050 Hz for weapons.
Rate_of_Fire.thumb.jpg.9c6b61a824d708d10

If I wanted to make the full auto sound I would export selected audio,
the portion of the track that is the first 0.063 seconds. This is all that is needed for full auto gun sounds.

All custom sounds need an entry in an effects.xml. That is a sound using a name that does not exist in GR.
But if you are changing the sound for any existing or stock sound already in the game it does not need a entry in an effects.xml.
Doing so can cause strange behavior in the audio of GR. 

There is allot I don't know about Audacity but this works for me.

Edited by wombat50

So, before i had your own burst sound , i try my one in Audacity by inspiration of the zm-lr300 from "fl-ava" by copying three times the sound of the single shot (by try and re-try) , i join the result ...by this way ,the bust seems to be 3 time the single shot sound but your one seems more realistic .As i am french , i shot with the the famas , but , as far i remember, the burst mod was very awkward to use ! thanks for the dtuto for making this sound, very useful for me to try other modification in guns...

famasg2_custom_sd-ts.wav

• Like 1