Need some questions answered.

Hi all.

When UBISOFT came out with GR:FS, I didn’t like what I was hearing about the game so I left the GR community to play other games.

Recently I came back to this website just for a look-see. Red some posts, found some gameplay on the internet. The game doesn’t look that bad. Other than the cloaking camo, I like the tech and it is not all that different from the games I have been playing.

Some questions though.

1.       You do not have full control of your squad like you did in the rest of the GR  series, correct?

2.       When you buy the game, do you get the entire game or do you have to go to a UBISOFT website and download some part of the game?

3.        After the game is installed on my computer, can I play the single player part of the game without my computer having to be connected to the internet, or do I have to play that part of the game through a UBISOFT server?

And anything else you think that I may need, or need to know in order to buy, install, and play the game would be most welcome also.

Thanks all.

OldGhost.

words

heya OldGhost!

I'm going to be brutally honest, you didn't miss much with GRFS, it was pretty weak in my opinion, some aspects were good but it was call of duty in third person and everyone whispers instead of shouting. 

the cloaks make no sense, the idea is that it turns off if you move too fast, you can sprint from cover to cover while crouched and it will stay on, but if you even walk while standing, it turns off, pretty bad scripting on their part methinks. 

1. you have virtually no control except for iffy gimmicks which are only introduced to you halfway through the campaign because #Linearity

2. If you buy it on steam, I believe, it downloads the entire game, but you DO have to use UdontPlay to launch it unfortunately. 

3. I believe you can play single player offline, but again, it runs through UDon'tPlay so there may be a check upon launching. I'll check that later and get back to you

:)

Edited by Zeealex

Yea, from the gameplay I saw on the internet, I figured it was pretty much like Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and Battlefield.

Sense these are games that I have been playing I thought what the heck, It might be worth buying.

But if I can’t launch and play it from my computer without having to logon to some UBISOFT website then it’s not worth it to me.

I would appreciate it if someone could let me know for sure about this.

Anyone know if UBISOFT is going to require you to logon to their website to launch and play the single player part of Ghost Recon: Wildlands?

OldGhost.

you need to login to uplay when you start the game from steam, and you'll need to launch GRFS from uplay. 

i'm sure there's a workaround, but it's probably naughty. 

you also need to press start to watch a cutscene then press start AGAIN on the console versions... kinda weird. :P