✪ Ghost Recon Classic on Unreal Engine 4

Burner

1. Included M4A1 suppressed asset with EOTech sight, Updated weapon collision to none, weapon was colliding with player causing walking animation issues
  2. Recreated basic terrain, Used procedural landscape and placed Tress, cliffs, rocks, & foliage
  3. Adjusted sun light intensity
Edited by Burner
  • Like 3

This is some excellent effort, Burner!!

Tell you what, i could help you with some static meshes for buildings, etc, I'm an architect and 3d artist, so if the schedulle permits me, who knows what we can do... =)

I would like to suggest you to get the POV angle smaller than what you have set. It seems you are walking with a fish-eye lenses and the natural feel, because of the speed things pass you by, is that you are running fast, but actually you were just walking. A natural viewing angle would be somewhere between 40 and 60º, i believe.

All the best man!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hey JuguLator01,

Thanx Man!!! I remember you from the "rather controversial rvs2.0 ironsights" on YouTube. I actaully really appreciated your sights and the hard work you put into them. It is still a game changer for Rainbow Six 2.0 and I use them in all my videos so thank you!

I could use all the help I can get brother. If you would like to make some HD weapons in FBX format that would be great. Thats whats I really need right now. (I really have no experience with alphas, meshes, bitmapping etc. these are all foreign concepts to me but Im learning)

Notre: I am using POV 90 and I try to use that for all milsims because it widens situational awareness. Usuallymy default is about 70. I might do a demo with a reduced FOV just to see what it looks like and this is easily changeable in UR4 settings.

Edited by Burner
  • Like 1

Breaking contact drill...

1. Implemented Weapon sounds with outside mountain terrain echo (recorded at a real range with P415 AR-15 piston rifle with 5.56 Wolf Steel cased Ammo)
  2. Overly cinematic weapon flash and smoke from UR4 (Notice the light up of the surrounding world)
Edited by Burner
  • Like 3

Breaking contact drill...

1. Implemented Weapon sounds with outside mountain terrain echo (recorded at a real range with P415 AR-15 piston rifle with 5.56 Wolf Steel cased Ammo)
  2. Overly cinematic weapon flash and smoke from UR4 (Notice the light up of the surrounding world)

good enough I think :rolleyes:

Edited by bazzalex

Hey JuguLator01,

Thanx Man!!! I remember you from the "rather controversial rvs2.0 ironsights" on YouTube. I actaully really appreciated your sights and the hard work you put into them. It is still a game changer for Rainbow Six 2.0 and I use them in all my videos so thank you!

I could use all the help I can get brother. If you would like to make some HD weapons in FBX format that would be great. Thats whats I really need right now. (I really have no experience with alphas, meshes, bitmapping etc. these are all foreign concepts to me but Im learning)

Notre: I am using POV 90 and I try to use that for all milsims because it widens situational awareness. Usuallymy default is about 70. I might do a demo with a reduced FOV just to see what it looks like and this is easily changeable in UR4 settings.

Cheers man! The secret is simply to make the game YOU wanna play and then walk the extra mile for the features other people may want =) [over simplistic, i know, but there's some truth here].

RvS 2.0 was a kinda big project, the major work was done by another guy and me and eventually we incorporated work from a bunch of ppl that made stand-alone mods for RvS, for instance, Malleus's rainbow AI mod.

I'll see if i can send you a weapon FBX one of these days, let's see if it works. I could also send you some architecture, that's what i have the most here, already in 3d.

About the POV, a too wide one can have strange effects: things move too fast on the borders of the screen, the perspective lines assume large angles, for example, when you look up, the trees lean so much it seems they will fall over you, and things become too small on a distance, being unidentifiable.

I think it's important to try, as much as possible, to achieve a natural result. Situational awereness must come with constant mouse movements anyway, and it involves being able to see as far as possible.

best,

jug

• Like 1

changed his headgear to a boonie and filled out the gloves with the folds:
ghost_render_2_by_zeealex-d9c70a2.jpg

it looks a bit wacky, it's only a very quick proof of concept model, it will look much better when it's been fully wrinkled up and straightened out in Zbrush.

Edited by Zeealex
  • Like 2

I miss the classic GR multiplayer that ubi had. Wondering if this remake will have something like that to as far as a server list either in the game its self or a desktop GUI application. I hope you guys keep this project going to a completion . Because it's looking pretty good so far.

The only game that comes close to the classic GR to my liking is Americas Army Proving Grouds.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Is it worth it?....

1. This would need to add tremendous value or something substantially different than GhostRecon classic like extremely realistic AI, immersive sounds, kit customization, and suppression effects
  2. 30 hours a week requires alot of devotion and life time.
  3. Would something like GroundBranch, WildLands or some other unknown sim fill this genre in the next two years?
  4. Would it enhance the basic GR experience and immersion?

Just some questions to contemplate. :ph34r:

Burner

Edited by Burner
  • Like 1

I think you have answered your own question about continuing with the Unreal project.

It is way too much for one person or a small group of dedicated people.

What you have done with Unreal so far is impressive.

You have gotten allot farther then I would have.

I know the bit about what appears to be a simple detail taking allot more time and effort than imagined.

Great effort Burner :) the basics looks ok and it only shows how easy is to make open world terrain in UE4. I would like to say to you that you should continue but the amount of work is really high even for a group of 10 or more dedicated modders.

The visual part of GR wouldn't be hard to re-create IMHO, coding part would be out of this world :/ unless you find some good coding guys. The amount of work for a terrain like this is much higher for OGR in 3dsm but in UE4 you can make it in a breeze. I know it because I've spent 8 months on a single map for GR but I blame it on a real life hehe :D

With a lot of time to spare and a good group of enthusiasts it could be done but again you're looking at 1-2 years of work for sure ;)

• Like 1

I think you have answered your own question about continuing with the Unreal project.

It is way too much for one person or a small group of dedicated people.....

Ive been looking at Ground Branch videos recently and its definitely gained momentum. A Ghost Recon remake seems certainly

possible with Ground Branch. UnReal4 allows us to build maps and insert them as long as GB is modifiable.

Maybe its a better goal to mod GB when its released and recreate GR from it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello to the forum, and thank you Rocky the dedication to Ghost Recon and UBI. 

I am the person that is putting together 3 to 5 maps from the original Ghost Recon.  To a lot of my fellow modders I want to say hello.   Tinker and wombat50 also Apex.

It's been along time. 

To all the gamers who read this post, thanks to Rocky these maps will change the run gun game.  I can't say who I am for legal reasons. 

I can tell you I have been modding since Combat Flight Simulator days and Rogue Spear.  I am fluid in 3D Max, Cinema 4d, Cry Engine and Unreal Engine.  Also fluid in C++ and multiply languages.  I am in contact with 3 of the old school players.  I talk to them by phone every chance we can talk.  This idea has been going on for years by myself and the other two old school men. 

It's our opinion that the run gun game destroyed many games out there.  So to answer you burner, These maps will be playable on a server and for the community.  I was telling one of the guys who lives down south that I would only download these maps from this site alone since Rocky's site can be trusted.  It will be and exe file.  That is if it is ok from you Rocky. 

Let's get to the maps.  The first map is Black Needle.  The storyline is that a few years back the US sent in Rangers to get two hostages.  The hostages were left behind from the FNG Clan.  Those to members of the clan were taken hostage.  Your mission is to use stealth and rescue both members of the FNG Clan.  The enemy did get the Rangers weapons.  The AI has the weapons now.  The AI will be able to hear you.  I don't know if I will make this a night mission or a dusk mission with fog.  You will be air lifted by a UH-60 Black Hawk Cinematics will be good in game play.  Crossing the bridge will be hell.  I have programmed the game to move the mines on a new game play round.  3 spawns is all you get.  If you hit a mine, your leg will be torn off.  So I would say that this maps would be rated R.  Hint:  helping a down man in game play is bait.  You have alerted the enemy and AI will come for you.  Again stealth is the only way in.  All building have been redone in Max or Cinema 4d and all have basements except the gas station.  The gas station has a birds nest on top of the roof behind the sign.  Just a heads up that there is a high power sniper up there at all times.  His weapon is a L42 Enfield.  He will be walking around on the roof just looking around.  You alert him you will have him go for his weapon and he will not miss.  Again you have alerted the enemy troops.  You will be stuck in the middle of the bridge.  Hint:  Get out your headsets and mic's.  This game is all teamwork.  Crossing the river is not going to happen since I have programmed it to have you go with the rapids and fall off the map to your death.  All building and walls have been reconstructed and are not blown up like the original map.  It's been 15 years and they have rebuilt their town. 

These maps can't be placed in a folder remember it will be an exe file.  I will be putting more images and video's up for your opinion.  Remember this is a community project.  Anyone that has idea's please post here.  I can take criticism too.  This is your game as much as it is my game.  I don't have a team of employee's it's just my son and myself.  If you want to help please post it on this forum. 

Thanks for reading this. 

Edited by Marz1
  • Like 2