Ghost Recon.net Forums
twcrash

VBS 2 JCove and U.S. Army Lite Downloads

With the JCOVE community down and U.S Army Lite hard to find I have been thinking of uploading the titles to share. I hate to see these titles not utilized. If interested let me know. Each one is around 1.4 gigs or so and if needed I can break these down into smaller pieces for easier downloading. These were free tools released by the MOD in the UK and U.S. Army in the U.S. Same engine as Armed Assault. Easy on systems. Full mission editor as well.

I also downloaded I believe every mission and tutorial from JCOVE.UK before they closed as well.

7Zip: http://7zip.org

JCOVE Download: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C673A7838906EE73!11500&authkey=!AK2Z6FLrU5dqnV0&ithint=folder%2c001

USAL: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C673A7838906EE73!11297&authkey=!AEB6nkiNezpApd8&ithint=folder%2c001

Use 7zip to put back together then run the installer. the Zip files make a folder called content, Don't use Winrar it does work for the 7Zip archives.

vhASXPU.jpgpcjHk5U.jpg

qDPy3A1.jpgRzb3kLr.jpg

Edited by twcrash
  • Like 1

Hit me up mate, I remember when they came out and all the lads I knew who didn't have VBS full licensed went and got this...except me, so I'd like the opportunity pleaaase.

ooooh yes please! i've been dying to try out VBS!

sent one link Zee in your pm box. USAL has female soldiers too btw. Figure you would like that.

• Like 1

its unmoddable actually. you can build missions but thats it. Also if i am not mistaken it won't let you friendly fire. if you do it like halts the game lmao. let me double check

Piece of cake to install as well....

• Confused 1

Hi, I know this thread is pretty dead, but could someone please advise me as how to install these programs? When i try to extract the content 7zip files to one folder, some files trigger errors which means the game wont run.

Thanks

Dec

On 24/06/2018 at 05:35, dedeclang1505 said:

Hi, I know this thread is pretty dead, but could someone please advise me as how to install these programs? When i try to extract the content 7zip files to one folder, some files trigger errors which means the game wont run.

Thanks

Dec

I'm having issues as well. When I unzip all the content using 7zip it indicates that the .exe has an error in it. I can't get it to install/run. I have tried multiple Compatibility settings but still no go. Perhaps can someone please send me the .exe file or upload it here?

Thanks!

Edited by Macgyver87

hmmm ill have to check it myself...

OK just downloaded and installed USAL and the only thing I received was a Header error on the extraction but I think that is because it was made with an old version of 7Zip. Other than that it fired right up after install.

VBS2.jpg

Edited by techwarrior
  • Like 1

Found this today, does this still work?

having problems getting it to install......do I need to change the 7zip file names (the ones with numbers at the end), then unpack them into the same directory?