Ghost Recon.net Forums
nyleken

Thoughts on having female characters?

The platform difference is story, timeline and quality (at least purportedly for the latter). The GC and PS2 versions take place in 2007 during the Three-Block War shown in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Xbox version takes place in 2011. Reviews generally rate the Xbox version higher than the other two, however. Xbox version also had voice commands, though I never tried them so I don't know if they're any good.

Also, GR2 and GR2:SS are both backwards compatible for the 360, so I'm thinking of buying some copies. Definitely cheaper than Metal Wolf Chaos.

MINOR SPOILERS FOR THE DIVISION

The bioterrorism in The Division was just one guy. He's a one-man version of the Project from Rainbow Six (the book at least, I haven't played the original game). Also, the epidemic seems to be widespread because of air travel and the delay between initial spread and onset of symptoms. Countries that have an upper class but without good medical infrastructure, and especially ones with dense populations, are gonna be hit hard. China and Japan might make it, but gg no re India. Western world would have to go full martial law for an extended period.

There's repeated mentions that nobody knows where the President is. Also, if the outbreak were mostly in NYC, there'd be a lot more support coming in.

It's extremely unlikely that The Division is mainline canon. It works as an alt universe that branched off (like EndWar) or a standalone franchise. But absent any evidence that it shares a common universe with the Clancy 3 & HAWX, I'm going to assume it's a standlone franchise. And until another game references it, I'll assume that at most it's an alternate timeline.

This isn't a condemnation of The Division, I actually like it a lot, I'm just saying it's most likely its own thing.

It was a no brainer to be fair - female characters were on the cards.

sold! 

at least I don't have to mod it if that's the case :P

I wonder if Liane Schirmer's back as the female VO for the 6th time?

Edited by Zeealex

Even if she isn't, we can always recreate Alicia Diaz using character customization.

Which brings up another question, how deep is the character customization anyways?