Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ghost Recon PC: Xbox Conversion (Update Thread)

Here's the 1.1.4 update for the mod:https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zk9qs44t0l2pmu/Ghost%20Recon%20Xbox%20Conversion%20Update%201.1.4.zip

One problem that was not addressed, but was found, for those who do not run Island Thunder or Desert Siege, for some reason, the game will crash all the time on start up unless manually remove it (Deleting/Moving it from the mod folder. Ghost Recon: Gold Edition (The version I run) has IT and DS for free. But in short, YOU CANNOT PLAY GHOST RECON UNLESS YOU RUN IT AND DS INSTALLED WITH THE XBOX CONVERSION INSTALLED.

Edited by C419

Working on new sound files that were used on Xbox, not found in PC ;). Working on fixing the non-DS-IT support for non DS or IT users, but most have it. I'm still taking consideration for others that don't have those packs that they can still play it. They should still get IT and DS, they're pretty cheap. I'm still working on the Island Thunder: Xbox Conversion, stuck with no one being able to edit any .rsb files. I do have one, but she's stuck with photoshop, it's not allowing her to edit any .rsb files. So, if you want to help with that mod, message me.

Edited by C419
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

After about 2 years after the intial release (and possibly even the last update) there will be another coming very soon (possibly today if I don't have to reinstall GR to test it.) Fortunately, I found an Xbox ISO and have extracted all the original sound files. Unfortunately, when burned I needed JTAG to run it on my 360, but after a week of endless searching all over the place, I found a tool to extract the .xwb files containing the sounds. Not even MSXNA could extract it which I found weird. I haven't tried Windows XP compatibility mode, but when I run as admin it crashes on start up when using 7, and I can't install using Vista because my CD driver is corrupted (this is normal for an install of Windows, not Vista itself) and it won't install programs by CD, but it can detect when something is there. I have heard about how it is glitchy with Windows 7. If you don't select run as admin, it won't start at all. I'll boot into 7 and see what I can do. I think I saw a thread which helps fix this problem, if anyone remembers where it is, please attach it in a reply to me! Thank you!