Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Poita

GRAW1 won't launch in Steam

I was so disgusted with GR:FS that I just bought and downloaded GRAW1 on Steam. It won't launch though. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again and had the same problem. I searched and found that others have that problem. Shocking that games sometimes won't launch for a lot of people (RTW2 had the same problem). In the case of GRAW1 they must have had time to fix but but haven't yet still selling it knowing that it won't work.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Make sure steam itself is updated.

Launch GRAW 1 within steam itself and not from desktop link.

Steam always auto updates when I start my pc. Also, I've tried every option to launch and it won't launch.

Steam always auto updates when I start my pc. Also, I've tried every option to launch and it won't launch.

Seems to me then that steam isnt updating if it tries to everytime you start your pc.

Uninstall steam completely, do a disk clean and registry clean with ccleaner or similar and then reinstall steam and see if that works.

I figured it out.

I just make sure steam isn't running then I go to the root of the game and right click on the GRAW exe and choose to run it as an administrator.