Takedown: Red Sabre Steam Pre Order available!

OK here is the REAL deal!

trssteam.jpg

14.99 gets you a game, not a alpha an ACTUAL game. These are real developers with a REAL product coming in on Steam for pre order. This reminds me of RB6 alot and I am hoping it lives up to that expectation. Some features:

Fight Smart in Deadly, Close Quarters Combat – Players must think and move tactically, stay alert, watch, listen and choose wisely while setting up their squad for the perfect shot.

Tackle Engagements That Are Different Every Time – Nonlinear maps allow for multiple tactics and approaches to both attack and defense. Gamers must choose their gear to best execute strategy.

Out Think The Enemy – Gamers need to work closely and communicate well with their team to not only attack the enemy but to coordinate to secure multiple objectives.

Let's support a real product that is catered to our community!!!

Edited by twcrash

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the update twcrash :thumbsup:

I know most peeps know I'm a Ground Branch fan-boy....its nice to be mistaken as a "boy' btw at my age :harhar:, but I'll still support this game, as I support anyone who mods Ghost Recon or have moved on to ArMA or other Tactical games.

its nice that Christian was able to fulfill his dream of making a game, despite losing a lot of weight (wish I can say the same with JohnS :-)..............

If it gets released only on console, so be it, hopefully he does release it on PC eventually. If not, I still know a few people who strictly play console and will share the news about this game.

cheers to you Christian :cheers:

@ Zeelax, Sorry about the system spec error on the page. As soon as Valve decides to update the page with my submitted changes, the actual system specs will be posted, which can be found here:

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UE3MinSpecs.html

@Led, not sure what you are talking about re PC. The pre order is for PC. We developed on PC first and then ported to Xbox. Or are you talking about PS3? Also not really sure what my weight has to do with anything, but thanks for supporting the game.

Thanks all, hope to see you online. Spread the word!

Yeah that screen is the Steam pre order page so I am not sure what he is talking about. Also have any of you seen the IGN ingame footage with Christian playing and being interviewed? It is what I have wanted in a game in a LONG time!!! Christian great job getting the product to market and congrats! you have made alot of us old timers happy with Takedown!. Can I link the IGN video here? I will and if no Rocky please remove it.

http://youtu.be/bn4hqML8oj4

http://youtu.be/rKr2DclAJ1E

http://youtu.be/fNal3utqE1Y

Edited by twcrash

@Led, .... Also not really sure what my weight has to do with anything, but thanks for supporting the game.
kinda off topic, but, I've been following you before Takedown.

http://youtu.be/G6wZZZowVyo

see how much you weight back then?...for the new guys, there's a longer version of this video.

I'm just emphasizing how much you've put into this game.

back on topic. :popcorn:

Stares into the screen like a deer caught in headlights... I am hoping they have expansion plans for this down the road as well.Added a couple more videos above.

09.07.2013 - as now the proud owner of Takedown I installed RVS again and am playing it to get warmed up lol. Man they are STILL kickin my ass in this game lmao.

Edited by twcrash

• 3 weeks later...

So far it looks, promising but the 'Key Features' are a vague and are not particularly reassuring as these describe design intentions that could be marketing placement for just about any game:

Fight Smart in Deadly, Close Quarters Combat – Players must think and move tactically, stay alert, watch, listen and choose wisely while setting up their squad for the perfect shot.

Tackle Engagements That Are Different Every Time – Nonlinear maps allow for multiple tactics and approaches to both attack and defense. Gamers must choose their gear to best execute strategy.

Out Think The Enemy – Gamers need to work closely and communicate well with their team to not only attack the enemy but to coordinate to secure multiple objectives.

I'm not deriding the veracity or importance of these as 'features', key or otherwise, but noticeably absent is a concrete feature statement of what explicitly the game has on offer -- from the videos and information on front-end marketing an interested prospective Customer can't even discern:

· how many maps Takedown will ship with

· how many Players MP supports

· type and number of game modes

· if there will be mod support

· whether the game will offer stand alone dedicated servers

· what perspective the game will offer (first, third, or 'ghost')

· whether ironsights are even offered (it appears they are not)

· if there is any manner of planning or squad AI control interface

Just to name a few...

As this is obviously a game being delivered on a tight budget; I'd be thrilled if Takedown rolled with the sort of polished but cost cutting feature design we saw in Sum Of All Fears with its ghost perspective, straight-forward AI control scheme, and abbreviated planning interface.

Elaborate planning and squad control interfaces could be added later; as well I'd much rather see the return to the ghost or third-person perspective of R6 or SOAF, (or even the option as offered in a Raven Shield Patch) then the warty Counter-Strike prop FPP depicted in some of videos...

Even though I've already pre-ordered the game; I find the marketing message to be a bit weak and very short on factual feature information...

Edited by 101459

I had this huge list of stuff I was gonna post up but I realized A. you didnt even bother watching the video and B. your too lazy to research the game and I seriously doubt you pre ordered it. in 20 seconds I answered every single question you have about the game that you seem to "not find" I am not your web crawler find those answers yourself and yes they are out there.

it is in your face but your taking a games description and trying to make it the specs of the game which isn't the same. Examplle is this:

• Lead the Ghosts, an elite infantry unit, using the most advanced technology on the frontlines of battle. Select, train, and command your team to complete missions using extreme stealth in diverse locations like the former Soviet Union and the jungles of Cuba. Check out the original, award-winning Tom Clancy s Ghost Recon along with the Ghost Recon: Island Thunder Expansion Pack in this amazing game

So your using the description of the game to find the guts of it and no game does that in the media or box description. And I stand by the fact that he stated "nowhere in the video" which iof you watched it tells you how many missions, what game types, how many players for each game type, that there is a killhouse map that can be customized in the editing tools (which Stabler states "will be released on or near launch" it took all of 20 seconds to find what info he was unsure was out there. Google is your friend :fingersx: So again I am not sure why he took the little blurb that I posted as to whats in the game.

http://youtu.be/xlTriYv651M

http://youtu.be/sBsri6Uu0dY

http://youtu.be/JbVWOUKYNe8

Edited by twcrash

Yep, no problem with what you are saying crash, but there is work required to make this info more obvious, rather than just accessible. You have to try and put yourself in the place of a brand new prospective customer, rather than someone like you that has been following the game and knows where to look. That's the point 101 is making.

The TD team agree and are sorting this out right now :)

yeah no problem I understand the issue and I don't think either my copy n paste job should be taken verbatim or the Steam page description for the same reason lol. I am sure they will update everything to make it clearer. I think they had some updating issues with Steam as well (IE the CPU requirements as an example) So hopefully these types of questions and issues take care of themselves.

twcrash, on 16 Sept 2013 - 08:10, said:
I had this huge list of stuff I was gonna post up...

Huge list? Of 'stuff'? Prove it... The logical assumption here is that you're either being petty, or, dishonest... I'd like it very much if you were to prove me wrong in both cases...

...but I realized A. you didnt even bother watching the video...

Which video? I watched the video on Steam, which is where this game's largest marketing presence is at the moment and will likely remain for the foreseeable future. This represents the marketing presentation most people that might consider the game will get, and the information they will have about the game.

...and B. your too lazy to research the game and I seriously doubt you pre ordered it.

Do you honestly as ANY sort of supporter of this game believe that unsubstantiated insults and ad hominem attacks add any credibility to any sort of argument you're making -- or lend any support to the promotion of the game and the approach to marketing taken?

in 20 seconds I answered every single question you have about the game that you seem to "not find"...

No, you haven't; you've only made that claim -- you haven't proven anything other then you want to insult and argue.

I am not your web crawler find those answers yourself and yes they are out there.

As you're the only one that has suggested that assumption, that problem is yours. As to finding answers for myself, that clearly was not the point of my post, it's that many will disregard the game or find it's marketing presentation suspect for the reasons offered.

As for your...presentation; don't you feel your time and effort would be better spent being constructive, helpful, and positive rather then by insulting, and trolling with ad hominem personal attacks -- or not even posting at all if you find the alternative too much effort?

Edited by 101459

Well sorry I hurt your feelings and maybe I was a bit harsh in how it sounded so I will apologize but as for what I stated it is there if you look and I can't make you look or which one to watch because if you are actually interested in it you will find the info yourself.

My feelings were not hurt, no where did I imply or suggest they were; it's not about 'me' as I bought the game long ago and already own four copies. As for my or anyone else's willingness to 'research' the game -- this is a horrible premise for both marketing any game and your credibility in posting (sic) 'I know something but won't tell you because; neener'...

Good marketing makes the clearest and most accessible presentation to the prospective buyer in the least amount of time possible; this is most apt way to attract people to buy that will like it, discourage those that will not like it; preventing buyer remorse and a lot of negative publicity. The Steam page for Takedown has a long ways to go to accomplish this and very little time...

Many like me that were R6 Fans are adult Gamers that have jobs and families; I for example work over seventy hours a week, and have little time to 'research' a $15 game I already bought. Your remarks strike me as petulant, petty, and disingenuous; if you really want to be regarded as a supporter of the game: assume that role, act accordingly and support it in an accountable manner.

This is why FAQs, Support Sites, Community Supporters & Managers, and *cough* Forums exist; so people don't have to drill through dozens of buried forum posts, web pages, and watch onerous volumes of tedious video. There are a lot of Ducks here that Serellan doesn't even have in the boat no less in a row that you could offer a lot of help in getting lined up, with your 'huge list of stuff' ...

Edited by 101459

**NOTE** before I wrote this up they added a Steam 4 pack for 44.99! a good little saving there for clan pack purchasers.

anyways to get back on subject.

From a little research TD:RS is a hardcore no frills 1 shot 1 kill tactical squad based shooter. There are no perks, no respawns, no kill streaks.

You have a limited hud. You have a stance indicator and weapon info and thats about it.

The AI randomly respawn so no 2 mission runs are the same. Meaning you can't memorize tango locations.

Materials react to bullets meaning concrete barriers stop bullets but plywood and glass obviously don't do such a good job of it.

There are customizable loadouts and attachments. And missions are built to really take into account multiple loadouts being needed in any given mission. Everyone being snipers won't work in this game you will lose.

Game modes include: Single Player, Coop upto 6 players and adversarial up to 12 players. In coop you have Coop mission, Coop Tango Hunt and Coop Bomb Disarm.

In adversarial you have Attack/Defend, Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch.

There is going to be mod support and tools with Killhouse being the first customizable mission being shipped with the game. The items in Killhouse will be placeable to make your own version of Killhouse as you see fit.

I have also seen community based maps already built that include some of the classic RV6 maps.

I also believe I seen a post in the offical forums stating Steam Workshop integration (don't quote me on that it maybe a future addition)

The game is $14.99 and I also know they are looking into 4 pack sets for sale as well as single purchase.

Edited by twcrash

Thanks for that, and taking the time to post it. No, really, I mean it! We're on the same team, love the same kind of games, both (I think) bought and will be playing this one. Still some information seems to elude even you who have the time and means to run a lot of detail down; is it for example known:

· how many maps Takedown will ship with?
· whether the game will offer stand alone dedicated servers?
· what perspective the game will offer (first, third, or 'ghost')?
· whether ironsights are even offered (it appears they are not)?
· if there is any manner of planning or squad AI control interface?

It would also be nice to know if some of this is regarded as a work in progress that might be added to, modified or updated; especially where the game's design appears to strongly depart from R6 design cannon.