Ghost Recon.net Forums
Rocky

Flashback HD!

I probably a little too excited to let you guys know about Ubisoft's upcoming remake - Flashback HD.

Flashback was the sequel to Fade to Black and both games were massive hits on various platforms, but it was probably on the Commodore Amiga in 1992 that most gamers remember playing these games, and that includes me.

Flashback was the fastest selling French game ever at the time back then. It was one of those games that drew you in and became more than just a A to B puzzler, it's one of those games that will forever be a classic in the eyes of the more mature gamer.

Now everyone can enjoy not just the original, but a brand new HD remake, as they are both being released very soon on consoles and PC, as a package.

Flashback, Fade to Black, Another World and Future Wars were all similar titles released around the same period and all achieved critical acclaim. Now with a remake of Flashback very close, a lot of 90's gamers are getting very excited, and today's gamer will get a chance to see where cinematic immersive gaming really started.

If you do not know what I am talking about, do yourself a favour and type those titles plus "amiga" into youtube of wikipedia.

PRESS RELEASE

FOR ITS 20TH BIRTHDAY,

FLASHBACK IS BACK ON AUGUST 21ST

This new version in 3D and HD, releasing in XBLA as part of Summer of

Arcade, will also include the original 90’s game

London, UK – July 17th

iconic 1992 title, will be released on August 21st for 800 Microsoft Points. It will also release on Playstation Network and Digital PC this autumn.

The original Core-Team revamped their own creation, leveraging the best of today’s technology while remaining true to the classic side-scroller that set the standards of the genre in the 90’s. A new generation of players can now experience a game that helped define sci-fi Action/Adventure games.

In addition to the updated version of the game, Ubisoft is pleased to announce that the original Flashback will be included so players can play the original game that started it all. Now is your chance to play the re-imaged cult classic hit as well as the original game you may have missed.

Conrad is back to save humanity from an invasion of alien Morphs set on absorbing our minds and incorporating our species! Rolling and shooting, always ready for another fight, help Conrad save the world and his girlfriend.

, 2013 – Ubisoft® announced that Flashback, remake of the as part of the XBLA Summer of Arcade,

Blimey there's a blast from the past mate, I used to play this along with other games such as "Hired Guns" etc on my Amiga 2000 and do you know what I think I enjoyed some of those games more than I do nowadays, must be getting old.. ;)

Yeah Another world was awesome on the Amiga as was Hired guns, I have it my pc running it through a emulator, but all that mouse clicking makes the old hand ache now.

Hired Guns was one of my favourites too. I don't think I actually played it much, but it came in a great box lol.

I played it on the Sega Megadrive around that time. The folks behind it went on to make Heart of Darkness in '98. You can see the resemblance;

It was a nice little game, and Infogrames spent an absolute fortune marketing it, but 2D scrolling platformers weren't respected at the time as it was all about the Playstation and the N64 and titles like Resident Evil 2, Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid.

DS