Ghost Recon.net Forums
Dannik

Steam Trading Cards - No Interest? Send Them To Me!

Before anyone goes postal on me, this is for Steam users who do not care about the new trading card system.

If you have no use for the cards but find yourself in possession of some, and know they will either gather digital dust or take quite a bit of effort for $0.35 return, I ask that you send them to me. The reason I collect them is incidental; due to my medical condition, I basically live in front of a computer, so I spend quite a bit of time (and money) on games, SP mostly as I have some limits that prevent me from MP yet. This puts me at quite a high "rank" in terms of the Steam trading card system, but my lack of MP means trading is very difficult.

And yes, I am willing to pay, trade, or my preference buy your games and swap them, if you have quite a few to send me.

The short version: If I know you here, friend me on Steam and I'll buy you games that are likely just a bit more than you would get from just selling the cards.

:wc:

I logged into steam the other day and got a message that I had one new item in my inventory, I am pretty sure it was one of those card. Now don't even know where to look to find it so I can send it to you.....help me.

When I'm allowed you can have dead rising riptide and skyrim from me, 26th july is when I can :P

While trawling through my account to try and locate these cards, I discovered BADGES. There were 3 in my profile that I could use, one was

Steamworks Developer.

I looked it up and it means...

Released: May 2013
XP: 500
Description: Awarded to community members who are also game developers.

Eh? Why and how do I deserve that?!

I have that badge too, and no clear idea why. I suspect it's because of my "on staff" role here and at BFS. Perhaps it's this site that got you on the list. No generic "important website owner" badge, so that's the next best?

I'm not getting how Steam could make that connection any more so than any other member on these forums though.

It's probably going to be membership on site X, or user has logged into this URL, or maybe there's someone who actually looks at every account, and checks a list of sites. Heck, it could be three years ago, we downloaded some tool from Valve ,just to see how it worked, and it flagged us.

Maybe because Rocky is mentioned in either the GRAW or GRAW2 end credits.

Or maybe you're way more respected by Valve then you realize. They may have your portrait hanging on their wall. ;)

Edited by wombat50

How do I send cards? All I see is the option to put them on the online store.

Trading cards. You can't gift them. The other person gets on your Steam IM list, you right click on them, and set up a trade. They have to put something tradable up to exchange for cards, but it doesn't matter what as long as it's tradable. Then, after the trade, you can gift the item they traded to you back to them. It sounds complicated, but do it once and the process will take seconds.

I have a few extra of Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and Torchlight 2 always looking to get ones I dont have add me up and explain how we get rid of em lmao Steamid NFMZ1

Edited by twcrash

twcrash, did you read my post directly above yours? There's probably a few ways, but that way is easy. If you want a hands-on, I can add you to my Friends list and walk you through exchanging cards. Valve/Steam make some nifty programs, but their documentation leaves quite a bit to be desired.

ahh ok your post wasnt there when I posted that..for some wierd reason but yeah im game let me know so i dont ignore ya.

The sale is over! As you limp about with your wallets of mass destruction (or purse, pocketbook, etc.) you might find you're still getting cards, though slower than during the sale. Welcome to Steam. A small number of cards drop per enabled game (and there's a lot of games with cards) with the idea that you would swap fr the rest. Or just buy them.

The one (well, two if you count foils) set of cards that will not drop again in he Summer Getaway set, so if you want the badge, you can't earn it, so it's trade or market time.