Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RileyFletcher_01

Combined Arms Strike Team

The Combined Arms Strike Team is a tactical precision unit for ArmA II: Combined Operations players interested in using effective tactics based on real world military doctrine while keeping a calm and friendly atmosphere on the forums and in the game.
Unlike many groups, we do not use realistic techniques or structures simply to imitate the military. While we do have a ranking system, our chain of command is still flexible.
Although most of our tactics are drawn from professional sources, we only implement things that will truly improve our effectiveness and provide a better experience.
If anyone is interested in helping me get this group started, please check out our website and sign up on the Enlist page. We need to fill some infantry and pilot positions, as well as some officer positions.
Edited by RileyFletcher_01

Just got ArmA 2 now, so I'm just gonna get used to the controls etc and when I feel confident, I'll join you as a pilot.

Awesome! If you got ArmA 2: Combined Operations ( original game plus stand alone expansion operation arrowhead ) then you should already be patched to 1.62, the last version.

You're a fixed wing pilot right? I can only fly the helicopters so any tips for the jets would be appreciated.

Correction. I can fly jets just find but I find it extremely hard to aim at targets since I have to point my nose at it.

We're still in need of some members if we're going to progress. If you enjoy playing as a team in ArmA2: Combined Operations sign up today on our website.

If there are any ArmA players around here, please check out our website and see what we have to offer. We've gotten some fun games going with a full fireteam online most days.

Fessler, Lucas, and I take on Objective Kingfisher at the town of Karachinar. This objective is part of our ongoing MSO-style campaign in Takistan.

Site looks good Reilly Keep up the good work! You guys building your own scenarios?

no offense, you need to tell the guy who was taking the latest video not to point his rifle at your head, one accidental click of the mouse could have been fatal, he needs to speak up a little too.

speaking from a personal point of view, obviously if there were more of you it would have been possible, but I would have had a marksman/sniper covering the village from an elevated position to the west of you, they could've provided you with target information, as well as obviously taking targets down that may be a slight difficulty when it comes to breaching.

but that's mainly because that's what I'm used to seeing and doing. your squad, you call the shots.

Site looks good Reilly Keep up the good work! You guys building your own scenarios?

Thanks. We're doing ACE Insurgency on Takistan right now and our next campaign starting around next month will be an actual MSO on Lingor.

no offense, you need to tell the guy who was taking the latest video not to point his rifle at your head, one accidental click of the mouse could have been fatal, he needs to speak up a little too.

Yeah, that's Diogo. He has the Zoning-Out-During-Combat Syndrome :D

speaking from a personal point of view, obviously if there were more of you it would have been possible, but I would have had a marksman/sniper covering the village from an elevated position to the west of you, they could've provided you with target information, as well as obviously taking targets down that may be a slight difficulty when it comes to breaching.

Not sure which position you're talking about, but we had a couple guys up on that ridge for about the entire second half of the mission. You're referring to the Objective Iroquois video right?

How's your squad going?

talking about the first bit of the on on your page, it doesn't matter where I am, or where the team is, if we're headed into a village, I set up in an elevated position nearby, mainly because taking an M110 into the village is like having a knife fight in a phone booth. but it does help from an information point of view if nothing else.

we broke up a while ago, college work kept getting in the way. we still get together sometimes, play extreme hide and seek etc. and I'll find myself playing in a small group of friends here and there.

Found an interesting thing to get better frame rates in ArmA 2 OA. I installed ArmA 2 free, then installed ArmA 2 and after copied over the ArmA 2 free addons to the ArmA 2 addons folder. Once I did that I also installed A2 Op Arrowhead then the DLC's. I used to get 20 to 30 frames in A2OA and now I get 60 to 70. Now I do get the A2 Free textures but I gotta tell ya I love the play ability with the boosted framerates.

that's because the textures are lower resolution and not as detailed, the RAM and the graphic card are not needing to load as much in terms of file size, freeing up a little more.

I found the best way to improve frame rates was to use the FPS helper mod, and tweak the configs. you still get good texture quality, just things like foliage and particle effects are reduced.

if we're headed into a village, I set up in an elevated position nearby, mainly because taking an M110 into the village is like having a knife fight in a phone booth. but it does help from an information point of view if nothing else.

Believe it or not, like one or two days after you posted this Diogo, the guy who was muzzling me in the head, and Henrik wanted to have our automatic rifleman carry a machinegun instead of the standard M27 IAR. Since the marksman and automatic rifleman (who was now more of a machinegunner) couldn't operate nearly as effectively in close quarters we had them stay on the hill for an assault on the town of Anar. The machinegunner and marksman simply tore apart all resistance that was in their line of fire. We really liked how things went when we had a permanent overwatch element and we're going to start employing that kind of technique more often.

so you mean, the idea behind the suggestion worked? (obviously +machine gun)

The machine gun alongside the marksman was actually brilliant thinking on your end. the machinegunner can suppress a decent fire zone, keeping the AI in one place and unable to move very well, meaning the marksman can very easily pick off individual targets without worrying about hostiles returning fire or moving to a position where a shot is not feasible.

Along with this, your machine gunner can also employ the elevated position tactic without a marksman in the squad. they can suppress a hot zone or a compound, while the assault squad can take either the flank, or if the squad is big enough, split into two assault squads and initiate a left-right pincer maneuver. The enemy will be too disorientated and too busy taking cover from suppressing fire to their front to notice you approaching them from their flanks which will make taking down the enemies in the area a lot easier. In situations where you are playing PvP, it will make you seem like a larger force than you actually are which helps to further disorientate and demoralize your enemy.