Weapon related packs/mods

Hello, I am not regular over here, but I am wondering about some things, I thought of asking them over here since there are people that defenitely are more familiar with the game than I am.

Yeah I'm a fan of graw, even though I find the game hard as **** it is pretty amazing to play in coop mode. But there are some very dissapointing things about it, one of them is the lack of a large arsenal of weapons, and the other is that it is not possible to pick objects at all! For a tactical shooter, I am quite surprised how few the weapons are, in fact they are so few that the first time I played it I thought new weapons would be unlocked as I got through the missions, but yeah nop.

Not being able to pick enemy weapons either is a deadly flaw, how many times would I want to use that sniper but I just knew I was going to run out of ammo and eeventually restart the level (one and a half hours of stealthy fun wasted), so I always had to stick to automatic carbines.

Well anyway, I just want to know, are there any mods that extend the weapons list? Is there any mod that allows the player to pick weapons from the ground?

I know about Brettzies weapons pack but quite franquly I find it clunky, and unpolished, the new weapons themselves are detailed but still do not feel organic enough with the original weapons design, and the animations could use some touching, sometimes they don't even make sense in the way they move.

I would rather prefer, like a port to graw, of the graw 2 weapons.

Yeah yeah I know what youre thinking, "Why don't you rather play graw 2 then?", well graw 2 isn't nearly as well made as graw, the levels are quite linear and the game is very unfair and unbalanced, like when the developers decided that putting a .50 cal gunner in every corner once in a while would be "fun" (troll), I can tell a mile away that graw 2 was rushed, and the graphics even though are the same, they seem to look nicer in graw.

I don't know if graw ever came with a mooding toolkit or source code, so I can't quite tell if adding weapon picking is possible or not, most likely the developers never programmed it, but hey, its worth asking right?

Hello, I know that Graw1 and Graw2 are dissapointing, but you can have lots of fun while playing with multiple people at once.

Try using this mod http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1123 and if you haven't patched your game yet then do it aswell.

Both Graw's came out with a modding toolkit, but I found only for missions and maps http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=category&id=34 , if you want to mod or add weapons I think you should consider talking to Brettzies himself, he should be still around here somewhere :P

I'm not really that kind of a helpful person, but I did what I could :D

The reason the Brettzie animations are clunky is because there is no way to add additional animations with a mod. They are hard-coded into the game. As such, Brettzie's weapons pack is the absolute best you can expect from any such weapon pack.

Edited by petsfed