Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sart

Alpha Release - March 5th

ARMA 3's ALPHA release date was announced today:

CLICK ME - BIS FORUMS

To sum it up, you have to pay-to-play the ALPHA version. But before anyone flips, it's a pretty sweet deal. Basically if you pay now, you'll not only get access to the ALPHA, but also the BETA and the full game release. That's a rock'n deal.

There is also a "ALPHA Lite" version which is free, but it appears to be invitational only, meaning someone who has a full version of the ALPHA can invite you.

Anyway, BIS has a lot of different deals going on with this ALPHA release at the moment. The major things (game, editor, multiplayer, etc...) are available in all the versions. Make sure you check out the official website for more details and which package is best for you:

CLICK ME - ARMA 3 WEBSITE

Check out the "Play" link in the top right for all the package deals and the computer specs. needed to run the game. Also, a lot of new screen shots have been released, make sure you check them out as well.

See you on the battlefield! :-

Edited by Sart

Was looking at that earlier and I know I am certainly interested. :)

Cannot wait until the 5th!

Sorry couldn't get YT videos or links to appear.

Edited by wombat50

Not working for me.

Tried this from the gr.net faq:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=*******.swf[ /flash]

and plugging in the appropriate portion of the URL.

Watched a YT video on how to post YT videos on IP Board.

No joy but I'm not worried about it.

Just go to http://www.youtube.com/user/Dslyecxi?feature=watch

or http://www.youtube.com/user/CHKilroy?feature=watch

to watch some vids about Arma 3 Alpha features.

Edited by wombat50

Wombat (or anyone that is interested) is more than welcome to stop by the Alpha Squad teamspeak and servers. We have been having a good time in the Alpha the past few days. Many good things, a few not so good things, some familiar aspects, but plenty of promising signs.

As usual, if you want to play with us, visit our forums (my sig is a link) and read the server rules to find the passwords.

Wombat (or anyone that is interested) is more than welcome to stop by the Alpha Squad teamspeak and servers. We have been having a good time in the Alpha the past few days. Many good things, a few not so good things, some familiar aspects, but plenty of promising signs.

As usual, if you want to play with us, visit our forums (my sig is a link) and read the server rules to find the passwords.

n00bs=me welcomed???

n00bs=me welcomed???

Everyone is welcome. The only really important rules are to keep the language clean/civil on TS and to make an honest effort to play with the group.

I have three copies of the recent Arma 3 Alpha Lite version if anyone wants one. It doesn't have multiplayer or the editor but at least you can try out the single player missions. Msg me on steam (same username) if you would like one.