Ghost Recon.net Forums
Zeealex

Updated Character Models, New project that requires export.

Alright, when you talk about moving a helper what exactly are you doing?

All I used to do when it came to skinning was merge the bones in, attach the mesh to the bones and then start looking for lost vertices by skipping from frame 0 to frame 1.

You checked out the old tutorial that Ruin did in the "recon" section?

http://www.ghostreco...l/recon-chr.htm

thanks for your help snow! and the tutorial.

when i actually move the helper? i use the XYZ (forgot it's actual name) move tool to see if the mesh has attached to the helper point correctly, but the mesh never moves with it.

I am aware of poly count limit and optimisation has reduced the model poly count to 9,949 polys and 5,555 verts without loss of too much quality.

Quick test with a basic GR 3ds file. Selected all poly and hit the MSmooth button. Result Around 4000 polys. Here you can go in and chamfer hard edges, put some detail in, optimize, and all will be fine. Check the tut posted above from Ruin.

ooh! that's good! thanks tinker, I'll have a mess around with that. 9,949 polys is dismal when you compare it to the result of yours which is the pretty much same (if not better) and has less polys :)

I wouldn't move any of the bones around to see if it's attached. They need to be where they are when you export or expect some funky results! Just move 1 frame forwards in the keyframe slider instead'

First off. Cool work Zee!

Second off, Snow I thought you died? Ha Nice to see you on here again.

I surface now and again mate ;) Got busy working for John Sonedecker so GR and other work went on the wayside.

I wouldn't move any of the bones around to see if it's attached. They need to be where they are when you export or expect some funky results! Just move 1 frame forwards in the keyframe slider instead'

ah, Indeed it could give some weird results, thanks for that :) I'll do that

First off. Cool work Zee!

Thank You :)

I surface now and again mate ;) Got busy working for John Sonedecker so GR and other work went on the wayside.

on ground branch?

Yup, did most of the weapon models that have been shown to date plus a few other bits here and there.

had a go at modelling a FAST Helmet today. I've been working on it, about two hours now. so far, considering I've barely touched 3DS in a long while since I got it, it's not looking too shabby. it's not finished in fact it has a ###### long way to go! :P these new models you'll see coming through are an "ice breaker" exercise as such, i've got the program, I might as well use it

but anyway thought i'd show you, but don't expect anything brilliant:

ARChelmet3ds_zps79cc2c0b.jpg

Edited by Zeealex