teppe

• 2 months later...

You can use this:

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Set PlayerPlatoon to (The player-controlled platoon).

Comment:

Change spotting distance

Trigger Event:

A member of PlayerPlatoon is within 10 meter(s) of Zone 1.

Responses:

Allow this block to be reactivated.

Change the maximum spotting distance to 10.

Prevent this block from being reactivated.

Change the maximum spotting distance to (The distance between (The player-controlled actor) and Target).

Edited by RussiaGhost

You have total control of the spotting distane in the script (via the "Change the maximum spotting distance" response) a RussiaGhost ponted out. However that spotting distan ce will apply to all AI (both friendly and enemy) in the mission. Hopwever, "spotting distance" has no impact on the players, you need to change the fog settings (color and ranges) to limit what the players can see. Again, this is fully accessable in both the script and top level mission/map settinmgs.

Comment:

Player Detected

Trigger Event:

2 second(s) elapsed.

Responses:

Continue executing responses if ((The distance between (The player-controlled actor) and Actor 1) is less than 10).

Change the maximum spotting distance to 5.

Play "tm1_detected1.wav" at volume 1.

Another option.

if distance to player is less than 10 m fire distance = 5m and speak m1_detected1.wav

This thread has given me an idea ....

Firstly, I know nothing about the scripting other than I've poked through it to disable some in-mission music from time to time.

Here's my idea: Is it possible to take an existing mission (in this case, daytime missions) and add new zones to big, open areas that toggle longer spotting distances if players enter them?

I play co-op only with no AI, so this would only effect opfor. I have always wished that the default spotting distance could be increased in certain areas such as the big, open field in the east on the stock "Farm" map. If you stick to the ditches and trees, the default spotting distance is in effect. If you venture out into the wide open field where there is no cover at all, the spotting distance goes up.

That's the basic idea. Based on what I've seen here, it could be done, and probably relatively easily. Correct?

Based on RussiaGhost's example, could I create a new zone around the field, or say, 5m into it, and add a script block like this?

Comment:

Change spotting distance

Trigger Event:

A member of PlayerPlatoon is within 1 meter of Zone <whatever>.

Responses:

Change the maximum spotting distance to 150. (Lets say the mission default is 80)

Would that switch the spotting distance from 80 to 150 while any of the co-op players are in that zone, and then set it back to the default when they leave it? I understand that it would affect all of the players, even if they were not in the field at that point. I doubt there is a way to do anything about that.

-Doc

Edited by Doc. Caliban

You can do this, plus add, redirectif a member of PlayerPlatoon is spotted by X, change spotting again. Or a member of a certain platoon, team, or just actor killed, change spotting. Simple toggleable option if used correct, works with what ever you like. But it changes this as default for the entire AI, however will work as said, if used wisely.