Ghost Recon "Labor of Love" Mods Contest 2012

ApexMods

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many of us felt the same way, Zeko. There just wasn't enough time to make anything bigger than a mission or patch that was decent. If we had a year's notice I would've had an incentive to finish my new expansion pack but I settled with a new version of my realism enhancer mod because of the 3-month time limit.

First off all, sorry for the late reply, and belated congratulations to Hana_JP, RileyFletcher_01, teppe, Chudy Picio, and Zeealex for being the next prize winners in this contest. As you are among the first mod releases, all of you win the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Complete Pack and Ghost Recon Mods Collection on DVD. Please PM either Rocky or me with your Steam ID and shipping address so we can send out your prizes.

As you already noted, including first winner H-Hour this brings us to a total of 6 entries, well short of the 12 total prize spots. If you guys won't mind we'd like to extend the deadline for the contest a couple of weeks, e.g. to December 24th, to give those who couldn't participate due to time constraints, (e.g. Zeko and pz3) a chance to still put their entries together, so we may make it closer to the full dozen entrants.

Please let us know your thoughts about this. While it may potentially extend the field of contestants for the 3 top prizes and thereby give you extra competition, this may also bring us some nice additional GR mods to play with soon, so please consider where you stand on this carefully.

In any case, a heartfelt thanks to all contestants participating so far. From new missions and game types, over Rambo, Russians, Realism, and Retexturing , it's sure is nice to see such a variety of entrants and an ongoing commitment to Ghost Recon modding!

Well yeah, i'm not happy with the overall result with Operation X. I mean, it was in my eyes a keind of test how you guys (n' girls) like the realistic way, the difficulity and they way like Spetnaz comes. Is it ok if i gotta go for another mission as my real labor of love mod? I have a great idea. Another idea really. Is it ok that this mission i will make will be my labor of love mod?, and operation x will just be i don't know lol

Wombat collaborated with Zeealex on Project Novo. Alex wanted Wombat to get the prize, while Wombat wanted Alex to get the prize. So rather than giving them no prize at all, we decided to give prizes to both of them for good sportsmanship. :)

Please keep in mind that the December 24th deadline is for entries to be made, so people have until that day to enter their mods into the contest. We will then require additional time to judge the quality of the mods and make up our mind about 1st to 3rd place, so the decision who the top three winners are will take a bit longer than Christmas, I'd guess.

Wombat collaborated with Zeealex on Project Novo. Alex wanted Wombat to get the prize, while Wombat wanted Alex to get the prize. So rather than giving them no prize at all, we decided to give prizes to both of them for good sportsmanship. :)

See this is why our community rocks!